Viper Car alarm questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

silveradokid
10+ year member

The Hope that lies WITHIN
I have a viper 791xv alarm in my silverado, didn't really help last time when my system got jacked since i was no where near my truck. Anyways, I'm looking to beef it up, I bought a mini piezo siren that screams 120db inside the car, which is pretty painful to listen to. I'm also remounting my shock sensor so that it may be a little more sensitive. I will be adding a 2nd siren for outside the truck soon, and possible a 2nd piezo siren for inside down the road some time. For the additional sirens I just use a relay wired to the siren plugged in the brain right? I think I want a backup battery, however the dei 520d I heard doesn't power the sirens enough to make them loud, any suggestions? And since my shock sensor is pretty sensitive, would I need other sirens, such as a glass break, or a motion sensor? I feel like the shock sensor would go off anytime the glass is broken, or someone moving around in my car.

if your sensor is set sensitive enough, glass breaking will set the alarm off full tilt. Add an additional relay for every 3 to 4 sirens you add. Use the brown wire from the brain to the siren (will be connected to the red going to the siren) to trigger your additional relays. You could add another battery or a bigger battery with an isolator if you fear a backup battery won't supply enough current (though I think you'd be fine) to your relays/sirens..

If you add a proximity sensor, wire it through a switch, and turn it off when it rains, or it will false.

I'm not really sure what a battery isolator is or does, and I was planning on using the relay for the extra sirens, thanks for the tip. And I'm planning on running 2 sirens and two sets of strobes off the siren right now, you think a back up battery for the alarm would be enough to keep the sirens loud?

I would think it would, all you can do is try it and see for yourself - also might as well hook up your stock horn for max noise which is obviously what you're after

Yeah that's what I'm going for lol, just loud, obnoxious, and attention drawing. I have a lot of exterior led lights and stuff that I will hook up to the alarm so they will light up and flash when it goes off, just to draw attention to it, since most people ignore a car alarm going off

No, it won't. however if you hook up both, you probably will want to go into programming and make sure the horn is set for alarm only, or else both your siren and horn will chirp when you lock/unlock and sound retarded.

+1 tap straight in to the existing horn line. though the siren trigger on that alarm is +... most vehicles horn trigger is -. Use a relay to reverse polarity. Let me know if you need schems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.