viper alarm, can i hock up 2 sirens ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
hi guys,

how can i hook up 2 sirens to this alarm ?

i want to put one in the back under my truck and the other one under the hood.

what would i need to do this ??

doth sirens are from viper.

i have a viper 500esp on the truck now but i just received a 3305 2way and i want both sirens to work.

hi guys,how can i hook up 2 sirens to this alarm ?

i want to put one in the back under my truck and the other one under the hood.

what would i need to do this ??

doth sirens are from viper.

i have a viper 500esp on the truck now but i just received a 3305 2way and i want both sirens to work.
They should work by just connecting them together, but i think they won't emit the same sounds at the same time

Yes you can but depending on how much power they draw you may need a relay. I installed a Viper alarm on my first vehicle and had at least 6 or 7 sirens, I say the louder the better.

cool, thanks guys.

just got done installing my new viper and i put the new siren in. ill be putting the older one by my gas tank ( in the back ) thanks again.

just hook them up no relay needed.
I'm sorry but without knowing the specifics of what siren's he's connecting you CANNOT say that. If they draw too much current combined it will burn up the control module.

I'm sorry but without knowing the specifics of what siren's he's connecting you CANNOT say that. If they draw too much current combined it will burn up the control module.

ok so you recomend useing a relay ?

if so how would i do it ?

i have a few relays they are i think 20/30 12v 5 pin spdt

Absolute RLS125 SPDT 20/30 Amp Relay - Sonic Electronix

thats what i have.

i just installed the 3305v viper alarm.

the viper i just took out is the 500esp

they look like the same siren except the mounting flange is a little smaller on the new siren.

i just dont want to fry my new module .

also how can i hook up 2 leds to it ? with a relay ?

he had two different viper alarms and said he wanted both sirens to work....im pretty sure they are both viper car alarm sirens as he said in the original post. please re-read the entire first post. as i said before just hook the two up. no issues at all....

ok just did a little home work.
the new siren is a dei 514ln

the older one is a dei 514n

from looking here they are the same part...

Directed 514N (dei-514n) Revenger Soft Chirp 6-Tone, 120dB Mini-

but i cant seem to find any spec's for them.
they are the same sirens. hook them both up and you will not have any issues at all. i have 4 external sirens on my truck and 4 piezo sirens inside in my headrests and no relay and have worked for almost 8 years with no issues at all...no relay needed for two of them. both reds go to the siren wire and ground each siren. easy as that.....

ok that what i wanted to know, thank you very much.

i did not think adding another siren to the system would be a problem but wanted to ask just in case 2 sirens would be to much for the module.

can i do the same for the led ?

i have an extra one for a viper alarm and would love to put another led on the other side of the dash.

adding one led will be ok if doing more there are things that need to be done and it depends on what color. the red led lights are 2v and the blue led lights are 3v so they are different. as long as they are the same color you will be fine with no extra load on the alarm. been doing it for 15 years now.

ok great. both are blue and your right they are 3v .

i also have 2 blue/red leds i was going to install. i forget the volts on them but i think they are 12v . could i use my alarm led output to run a relay for the 2 12v leds ?

as i would rather use the alternating led's then just the plan blue ones.

what you think ?

if not then ill just use the other blue 3v one.

boomtaco64,

do you know about the 3305v viper alarm ?

im trying to figure out if i can setup this alarm like i did with my viper 500esp.

what im talking about is my older 500esp, when i would unlock the alarm my drivers door would unlock and if i pushed the unlock button again it would unlock my passenger's door.

well this 3305v will do this but you have to push lock and unlock buttons ( at the same time ) on the remote to unlock my passenger's door, which is very difficult without arming the alarm. its a pain in the assss.

im trying to figure out if i can set it up like mu other one.

also i cannot get into my programming ...

the manual says...

open door

turn key on the off

hold velay button until you hear 1 or 2 beeps, then you can programe it.

well i do that and i cannot get any beeps.

that is progressive locks or priority locking. you will need relays if your vehicle does not do it already. if its a gm then its pretty easy. some are just programing. been installing viper my entire career. i love them $hits. i will see if i can get you a manual and diagram.you will be using the 2nd unlock wire from the alarm and will need to program to progressive locks....what vehicle?

looking more into it, that IS how your alarm can do progressive unlocks. it is a crappy way but that is the correct way. you can change the car wiring and go to the actual door actuator but it would require more work. the other would be to change the ch3 output and go to aux or trunk for a single button unlock. the alarms are different levels of alarms. 500esp is way nicer with more options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.