Viper 5501 opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list

geonfreaq
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Viper 5501 (4702v) - Car Alarms - Sonic Electronix

Looking into getting a simple alarm to install in my truck. Would like remote start and 2 way and liked the features of the 5501 and the price.

From doing some research it looks like the 5700 series had some issues so Id like to avoid any known series that have issues.

I know in alarms you usually get what you pay for but to be honest I dont need to start my car from my Iphone. Just want to make sure everything is nice and safe in there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Jason

the 5501 is just a keyless unit with RS, you want the 5901 if you want the alarm with RS.

That said, I've seen issues with all of these units, but much less with these LC3 units. I've heard DEI worked out many of the issues on the 5701s and such but who knows..

Id find something with a solid warranty. DEI will not warrranty the unit unless a authorized installer installs it, something to think about.

Oh and its never 100% safe, but you know this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.