vintage, oldschool Pioneer KE-3000 wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

wfoyz250

CarAudio.com Newbie
Anyone here that can help me with wiring issue with a NEW (1980 vintage) Pioneer KE-3000. There is no owners manual within the box so it's a little questionable how to wire it to a vintage (1980) Clarion EQB-300 equalizer/booster.
Well after trying everything with wiring between the two units(EQ/booster) and the pioneer, I cannot get the clarion EQ to give signal for BOTH speakers, only one will give sound when the power to the booster is fed. Both speakers work through the radio when booster is (power off) bypassed but when the booster is on, only one speaker works. What's really weird is that when the common black wire from the pioneer unit is connected or disconnected from the booster (-) input leads (connected from the pioneer black wire) the the speakers still work. Note: Pioneer unit is connected as a 2 SPEAKER system. I'm stumped. What is wrong?
attached are scan of the two units.
I do however, have a scan with the clarion manual.

Attachments

• Scan0009.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 359
  • IMG_20191228_132813_474.jpg
    IMG_20191228_132813_474.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 340
Anyone here that can help me with wiring issue with a NEW (1980 vintage) Pioneer KE-3000. There is no owners manual within the box so it's a little questionable how to wire it to a vintage (1980) Clarion EQB-300 equalizer/booster.
Well after trying everything with wiring between the two units(EQ/booster) and the pioneer, I cannot get the clarion EQ to give signal for BOTH speakers, only one will give sound when the power to the booster is fed. Both speakers work through the radio when booster is (power off) bypassed but when the booster is on, only one speaker works. What's really weird is that when the common black wire from the pioneer unit is connected or disconnected from the booster (-) input leads (connected from the pioneer black wire) the the speakers still work. Note: Pioneer unit is connected as a 2 SPEAKER system. I'm stumped. What is wrong?
attached are scan of the two units.
I do however, have a scan with the clarion manual.
I was just in Houston a few weeks ago Deer Park actually.. I could’ve helped you straighten this out

Thanks for replying. I believe the problem lies within the clarion unit. I connected another clarion booster with the pioneer and I have sound out of both channels. I'm going to have the problem clarion checked by a service technician to see what the issue is.

Thanks for replying. I believe the problem lies within the clarion unit. I connected another clarion booster with the pioneer and I have sound out of both channels. I'm going to have the problem clarion checked by a service technician to see what the issue is.
That 300 is a nice EQ .. I hope you get it fixed . Are you doing an old school build in something? I probably have some nice period Clarion Decks

Yes, I have a '79 transam replicating an oldschool system from that period. Those Clarion 300's cranked back in the day. I also have (1) new EQB-100 and (2) used EQB-100.

Attachments

• pioneer.jpg
    pioneer.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 459
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.