VHT Nightshade Project- Murdered out Colorado

What are the directions for this stuff? I Like the look, but it is too dull looking compared to the paint. I want to do my taillights but I am worried it will be that dull/hazey look so I been planning on getting it done somewhere or sending them somewhere.
How would you go about spraying clearcoat on them to shine them up? What type of clear to use? Also any sanding in the steps? rubbing compound?

i do this for alot of people and make money off this haha. but uhm yea

take preferrably a strong compound like goo off (home depot carries it) and wipe any dirt off of the light surface.

depending on if you want purple reverse lights or clear (which look better) take masking tape and a razor and cover the area of the reverse light.

take 800 grit wet sandpaper and wetsand the tail light so it looks really dull but yet smooth. make sure its clean

start off with a light coat about 10'' away. spray and stop. repeat so you dont get any drip.

do about 10-20 layers. let it dry for a couple hours. if you have any drip, this is the time to fix it by wetsanding it. if not, take clear coat and do about 5-7 coats.

let it dry. for a flat black look which actually will look good and not as dull as you think, keep it. but wetsand it with 2000 grit and your done.

or to get a glossy finish to match the paint, after you clearcoat everything, wetsand it lightly with 2000 grit, take a buffer and buff it with a light buffing compound about 3 hours after it drys.

ive actually gotten good at this. anyone can do it and its affordable. but once you do it so many times, yours will stand out from someone who just sprays and puts it back on. if a local shop doesnt carry it, you can get it on ebay.

take preferrably a strong compound like goo off (home depot carries it) and wipe any dirt off of the light surface.

depending on if you want purple reverse lights or clear (which look better) take masking tape and a razor and cover the area of the reverse light.

take 800 grit wet sandpaper and wetsand the tail light so it looks really dull but yet smooth. make sure its clean

start off with a light coat about 10'' away. spray and stop. repeat so you dont get any drip.

do about 10-20 layers. let it dry for a couple hours. if you have any drip, this is the time to fix it by wetsanding it. if not, take clear coat and do about 5-7 coats.

let it dry. for a flat black look which actually will look good and not as dull as you think, keep it. but wetsand it with 2000 grit and your done.

or to get a glossy finish to match the paint, after you clearcoat everything, wetsand it lightly with 2000 grit, take a buffer and buff it with a light buffing compound about 3 hours after it drys.

ive actually gotten good at this. anyone can do it and its affordable. but once you do it so many times, yours will stand out from someone who just sprays and puts it back on. if a local shop doesnt carry it, you can get it on ebay.

any pictures? What does flat black, but glossy still mean?

When I see my taillights, I want to be able to see my reflection in the black just like the paint. The picture posted earlier in this thread of the red SUV is exactly what I want to avoid lol.

So you only sand in between the clear coats? Not the actual Nightshades paint?

thankyou for this. i might just re-do mine using these steps.

i believe i said VHT nightshade.not sundown nightshade you dumb piece of ****
As in "murdered out Colorado" is a flat out lie, you ****ing moron. The truck is orange.

Is your sig your HighSchool portrait?

And again, there is no "car audio" involved.

Go post this somewhere else.

hmm appears the site isn't running, they sold pre cut tint kits for head lights and tail lights that were thicker than normal tint and protected the plastic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.