VFL 150.1 (am I using the right wires ?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Dallas
I have the american bass VFL 150.1 amplifier (200A fuse, 2900 watts RMS) and I need to know if i'm using the right kit.

When I had a system before, the shop used this kit T-Spec V80RAK 1/0 Gauge V8 Series Amp Wiring Kit with 2-Channel RCAs with a reducer (since I was only running a 4 gauge amplifier at the time).

Is this good for the VFL 150.1 ? I've had a few people look at it and they weren't sure if it was real 0 gauge or not (they told me to look at the weight of the kit which is 9lbs and look at the pictures of the cooper which are in the link).

I don't understand what i'm looking at so what is this forums opinion ? Should I hook the VFL 150.1 to this wire ?

for that price, you can get 20' 2/0 gauge welding cable, RCA's, a fuse holder and fuse, plus the speaker wire/remote wire and still have money left over
What does the price of wire that's not in my car have to do with the question of should I hook up the amp to the wire that is in my car ? (I don't understand the context of your post ?)

your OP was confusing. I didn't know you had already ran that wire. Your pretense of "before" threw me off

Either way, I would yank it out and upgrade it.

but try it out and see if it works. Won't need the reducers tho like quaker stated

What does the price of wire that's not in my car have to do with the question of should I hook up the amp to the wire that is in my car ? (I don't understand the context of your post ?)

your OP was confusing. I didn't know you had already ran that wire. Your pretense of "before" threw me off
Either way, I would yank it out and upgrade it.

but try it out and see if it works. Won't need the reducers tho like quaker stated
I'm leaning towards upgrading it (heard T spec wasn't the best and the V8 line is only there average line with the V10 and V12 being higher). I have a two channel amp (for my front speakers) that I want to hook up as well so I'll just use the T spec with reducer thats already installed to power that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.