vetkilr---watch out!!

I agree. This is no different that if a person buys a amp from a storefront. If the amp is doa, then back to the store it goes for repair for the purchaser to send the item to service. A contract was made and the item was not as purchased. This leaves the seller holding the bag I hate to say. If the seller is as good as he has been made out to be, he should have zero issues looking after this amp for the purchaser. That is what a good seller would indeed do.

I disagree jntar.. He should have sent the amp back BEFORE he had it repaired.. Sending it back to the seller with a now voided warranty isn't the right thing to do since he can now not get warranty thru Kicker.. I agree that it should have been tested first, but the seller assumed that it worked since it was a new refurb.. The problem is that the buyer tried to have the amp repaired before contacting the seller, if we are getting the whole story.. But since the buyer did not state otherwise, we can only assume this is the case.. As soon as the buyer had the amp 'opened', it was his problem.. I don't know how you can see it any other way..

I agree. This is no different that if a person buys a amp from a storefront. If the amp is doa, then back to the store it goes for repair for the purchaser to send the item to service. A contract was made and the item was not as purchased. This leaves the seller holding the bag I hate to say. If the seller is as good as he has been made out to be, he should have zero issues looking after this amp for the purchaser. That is what a good seller would indeed do.
Exactly, and this is why it should have been returned to the 'storefront' instead of taking it for service somewhere else and complaining about it after the fact.. We should all wait for the seller to tell his side before jumping to any more conclusions though..

I disagree jntar.. He should have sent the amp back BEFORE he had it repaired.. Sending it back to the seller with a now voided warranty isn't the right thing to do since he can now not get warranty thru Kicker.. I agree that it should have been tested first, but the seller assumed that it worked since it was a new refurb.. The problem is that the buyer tried to have the amp repaired before contacting the seller, if we are getting the whole story.. But since the buyer did not state otherwise, we can only assume this is the case.. As soon as the buyer had the amp 'opened', it was his problem.. I don't know how you can see it any other way..

I said in my post that he shouldn't have opened it up.

Wow. Just because vetkilr is "well-known" has a problem.. that is HIS problem. Almost everyone automatically backs him. This was the sellers fault. The buyer was expecting a working amp. He didn't pay 230bux for an amp, that he would have to have Kicker fix it.

Both parties at fault.

Edit: Nothing againist Vetkilr. Just stating a point about "well-known" people.

Nobody is saying that.. The problem is that he had it repaired and voided the warranty BEFORE he sent it back to the seller.. So, that means it's the buyers fault.. Does nobody commenting here realize that the warranty is now void?? Why should this be the sellers fault? He didn't open the amp, the buyer did, thereby voiding the warranty.. The question is, why did the buyer have the amp repaired instead of sending it back to the seller? If the seller refused to take the amp back before the attempted repair, then I could see the problem.. But we don't know if that's the case yet.. All we have to go on is what the buyer told the seller AFTER the attempted repair, if you refer to the first post..

I said in my post that he shouldn't have opened it up.
And now knowing that he did have it opened up and voided the warranty, you still think the seller is in the wrong? I don't get it.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

this is no different then if you went and bought a used car with a warranty, then the car gets and oil leak so you take it to some unauthorized service station to get it fixed, then complain when the dealer doesnt want to honor the service stations repairs.

The second it was opened up the amp he gave up his right to complain. That was HIS decision!

What you do is talk to Polecat. Tracy is a great guy to deal with, i had a big problem with my product that got fux0red by someonne in sounddomain, and Tracy was there to help.

So find his number and call him tomorrow asap!

Dante

this is no different then if you went and bought a used car with a warranty, then the car gets and oil leak so you take it to some unauthorized service station to get it fixed, then complain when the dealer doesnt want to honor the service stations repairs.
The second it was opened up the amp he gave up his right to *****. That was HIS decision!
Great point, IMO

What you do is talk to Polecat. Tracy is a great guy to deal with, i had a big problem with my product that got fux0red by someonne in sounddomain, and Tracy was there to help.

So find his number and call him tomorrow asap!

Dante

Good point/idea.

well i have read this thread and i understand both sides views. Now in my mind the question really is. is vetkilr any kind of scammer. The answer is no. He did not know the amp was not working, nor did he ever tell the purchaser to buzz off. He offered help and im sure if the purchaser had talked to him more than once about the problem a better solution would have been reached. The thread was a little early in my opinion but lets try to get this cleared up with out any more bashing . Good luck to both people and i hope for the best

The second it was opened up the amp he gave up his right to complain. That was HIS decision!
A person with some sense.. This was exactly what I was trying to say.. I don't know how anybody can argue otherwise.. The seller did nothing wrong here IMO..

I paid vetkilr $230.00 for a refurbished/reman Kicker 650.4 amp. It was dead when I got it. I have spent over $100.00 to try and repair it. The first time it was $75.00 for them to fix an open trace on the board. Now it has trouble staying on. It goes off and on, 2 seconds on, 5 seconds off. Best shop in the area just told me the amp is a lemon, but he will keep trying to fix it for me.
When I let vetkilr know, here was his response:

I didnt give you a doa amp knowingly.

If it is dead and really is dead.

You still have a warr. with kicker.

Call them on Mon. Look on the side of the box it has a sticker.It has a item number.There is another one with the serial number.

Dont know why you would open up the amp???

Kinda wierd.

I would see what kicker does you have 90 days on thier refurbs and Im sure they honor it.

I never checked that amp,didnt even take it out of the plastic so your gripe is with Kicker and they will honor thier warr. sorry it doesnt work but dont understand exactly why it doesnt.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Beware folks....
The reponse posted above was the last I gave him as I didnt believe him at this point cause it seem as though in my eyes he was winging his story as he went.

First off:

He PM'd me on a Sunday.

What Stereo Shoppe is open on a Sunday?

If you had a problem with a individual and knew the product was really bad and you had nothin to do with said product goin bad wouldnt you contact the seller firstthing?? I Would.I wouldnt wait til Sunday night. Kinda fishy in my eyes,but was willing to work with him. Here is some more of conversation with Silvermag. on what happend.

He was installing 4 new Kappas in my car. He took out the the 300/2 when he was putting in the new speakers. I brought him the amp, he tested it, and said ."Uh-oh, I don't think you are going to be happy..." He then opened it up and showed me how one of the copper "arms" was fried. He told me to take it to a friend of his that sells Kicker(40 miles away) and now that shop is going to try to repair it. He says Kicker will not warranty it and whoever told me that is feeding me full of _____. He is going to try to fix it this week. Will hopefully only cost me $50-$75, and then I get to drive there again and hope it works. I should have just bought a new one, as I have more into this one than I would have if I had just picked up a new one.

Yeah, my gripe is with Kicker. You are right. I am so sorry....

My reply:

[vetkilr]Dont know why you would open up the amp???Kinda wierd.

I would see what kicker does you have 90 days on thier refurbs and Im sure they honor it.

There is nothin wrong with this forum or me.Ive doen many amp trades and sales and there has been nothin wrong with any of them cause I wouldnt sell them if there was.

I never checked that amp,didnt even take it out of the plastic so your gripe is with Kicker and they will honor thier warr. sorry it doesnt work but dont understand exactly why it doesnt.

If it didnt work at your friends shop then why did you try and hook it up in your car???
He had said he didnt want to coem and buy from a forum such as this and I had said that I was really wery about sellin to someone who had such limited posts.

I even told my wife before he pmd me the first time and told her I had never sold anything to anyone who had never asked for tracking number/told me it had arrived,or was no part of the sale except to send money.All I got was this when I asked him if he got it.

7/23

Yep, it has arrived. I haven't hooked it up yet, however. THANKS
Then 2 weeks later I get this:

8/06

I tried to install the 650.4 yesterday. You shipped me a blown amp. It is DOA!! THANKS for stealing my money!!!
If he would have sent it back, I could have got it fixed by Kicker myself not a problem.

Matter of fact I had another BNIB refurb 650.4 here at my house I would have sent out once I got the first one back.(I would of waited to get the first one fixed.)

This is the Deal:

He never gave me a chance to do anything.

He wanted to do it all himself.

He broke the amp apart before talking to me.

He took the amp to get repaired himself.

He never talked to kicker.

The phone number for kicker/serial number/warr. info was all there and he still has time left on the warr.

All of this could of been avoided PERIOD.

Anyone that has met me knows I not a scammer and anyone that had sold or bought from me on here nows I pay fast and ship fast and products are as advertized.

I didnt not test this amp as it was new in box,but my gut tells me this amp worked fine and something was done wrong by this guy and he was trying to hide something..........why else would you not want to go through the seller and take it upon yourself first to get it fixed when it has a warrenty and you were told so when you bought it???

Maybe Im wrong so somebody tell me why but if he would of went through me and or kicker and it would of been fixed no doubt...........PERIOD.There must of been something done wrong to want to go the route he did instead of going the right route.

I bet he posts this on here and doesnt even reply...............

God Im pissed he didnt come to me about this in the first place.

Some things are so simple to fix but can be made so difficult by stupidity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

silvermagnum

10+ year member
Silver Magnum '05 RT
silvermagnum
West Des Moines
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies