vetkilr---watch out!!

silvermagnum
10+ year member

Silver Magnum '05 RT
I paid vetkilr $230.00 for a refurbished/reman Kicker 650.4 amp. It was dead when I got it. I have spent over $100.00 to try and repair it. The first time it was $75.00 for them to fix an open trace on the board. Now it has trouble staying on. It goes off and on, 2 seconds on, 5 seconds off. Best shop in the area just told me the amp is a lemon, but he will keep trying to fix it for me.

When I let vetkilr know, here was his response:

I didnt give you a doa amp knowingly.

If it is dead and really is dead.

You still have a warr. with kicker.

Call them on Mon. Look on the side of the box it has a sticker.It has a item number.There is another one with the serial number.

Dont know why you would open up the amp???

Kinda wierd.

I would see what kicker does you have 90 days on thier refurbs and Im sure they honor it.

I never checked that amp,didnt even take it out of the plastic so your gripe is with Kicker and they will honor thier warr. sorry it doesnt work but dont understand exactly why it doesnt.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Beware folks....

Man, I almost thought about snatching up one of his Lanzar amps too. Thanks for the input and have to say kinda dissapointing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I paid vetkilr $230.00 for a refurbished/reman Kicker 650.4 amp. It was dead when I got it. I have spent over $100.00 to try and repair it. The first time it was $75.00 for them to fix an open trace on the board. Now it has trouble staying on. It goes off and on, 2 seconds on, 5 seconds off. Best shop in the area just told me the amp is a lemon, but he will keep trying to fix it for me.
When I let vetkilr know, here was his response:

I didnt give you a doa amp knowingly.

If it is dead and really is dead.

You still have a warr. with kicker.

Call them on Mon. Look on the side of the box it has a sticker.It has a item number.There is another one with the serial number.

Dont know why you would open up the amp???

Kinda wierd.

I would see what kicker does you have 90 days on thier refurbs and Im sure they honor it.

I never checked that amp,didnt even take it out of the plastic so your gripe is with Kicker and they will honor thier warr. sorry it doesnt work but dont understand exactly why it doesnt.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Beware folks....
uh, sounds like he told you how to deal with it. now if you try and they don't honor the warrenty then get at him. perhaps trying to get him to split shipping to kicker with you, or all of it. how long ago you get the amp?

speaking **** about vetkilr scamming you is pretty pathetic IMO. Dude is straight chill and wouldnt do that to someone. HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING. He told you how to fix it, and YOU CANT GET IT DONE YET AS ITS SUNDAY.

uh, sounds like he told you how to deal with it. now if you try and they don't honor the warrenty then get at him. perhaps trying to get him to split shipping to kicker with you, or all of it. how long ago you get the amp?
Sounds like he had no idea, send it to kicker and see what they say. Its an understandable situation not soo pathetic.

if he didnt open it, just merely had it refurbed and sent it out, theres no reason for this post. Call kicker and get your warranty work done. People jump on people too **** quick.

What is he supposed to do?? If it was a new refurb, you should have dealt with Kicker on it.. Now that you've had someone else open the amp, I'm sure Kicker won't help you.. And sending it back to vetkilr leaves him with a dead amp with no warranty.. I don't know exactly what your complaint is here or what you expect the seller to do?

But I think we might not be hearing the whole story..

What is he supposed to do?? If it was a new refurb, you should have dealt with Kicker on it.. Now that you've had someone else open the amp, I'm sure Kicker won't help you.. And sending it back to vetkilr leaves him with a dead amp with no warranty.. I don't know exactly what your complaint is here or what you expect the seller to do?
But I think we might not be hearing the whole story..
Exactly if you have had SOMEONE ELSE touch it.....I doubt kicker will fix it under warranty.

jumping the gun and ruining someone's online rep over something this stupid IS pathetic. so simmer down noob, no one is trying to scam you. Plus, your retarded for opening it up and breaking the warranty seal on it since it already is under warranty under Kicker.....WTF would you do something that stupid?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ban.gif.ce8465566702ef9f72e97e794ed1c86a.gif

he told ya how to fix it. i've dealt with the guy. straight up guy and very trustworthy. you messed up on your part, and now YOU are SOL. should've contacted kicker FIRST THING if it was a brand new refurb. there are the occasions where people DO RECEIVE FAULTY AMPS FROM FACTORY but most get it taken care of without any trouble.

cut the guy some slack.

self-pwnage ftl.

OK gents...You're all wrong....

Member paid for a refurbished, working amp. He received a non working amp. Yes, he shouldn't have opened the amp, but it is the seller responsibility to guarantee a working amp.

Now, if they had discussed that the amp "may not work" then your points are valid.

Silver, I would contact vetkilr again and express that you wanted a working amp. Its really your choice though. I would be sending him that amp back ASAP for a refund so he can deal with the headaches of shipping to Kicker for a repair.

Should of been refunded....Vetkiler should of gotten the amp fixed and then sold it. Im with Jntar, Even if the amp was recieved in Factory Plastic Its still the responsibility of the seller to produce a working product if a working product was "sold". Though the buyer should not of opened the amp...and probably voided the kicker waranty by having an un-authorized dealer/repair shop fix it. Now its on the buyer to fix it...I know it ***** but thats the only way its going to happen now.

OK gents...You're all wrong....
Member paid for a refurbished, working amp. He received a non working amp. Yes, he shouldn't have opened the amp, but it is the seller responsibility to guarantee a working amp.

Now, if they had discussed that the amp "may not work" then your points are valid.

Silver, I would contact vetkilr again and express that you wanted a working amp. Its really your choice though. I would be sending him that amp back ASAP for a refund so he can deal with the headaches of shipping to Kicker for a repair.
Kicker 650.4 Reman. new in box
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got it. Gonna go another route.Still in the plastic guys.Just want What I paid.

Askin 250.00 shipped actually paid 275.00 shipped but oh well..

Reguardless of what he expected to get he got exactly that a remanufactured new in box amp. Send it back to kicker and deal with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

silvermagnum

10+ year member
Silver Magnum '05 RT
silvermagnum
West Des Moines
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies