very strange issue with avh-p4200dvd...

Participant count
  • Participant list

orangecounty1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa, FL
ok so i bought it about a month ago, just got some extra cash to buy my GMOS-LAN03 harness for the HHR... stupid new cars/onstar BS...130 dollar harness....*end rant*

anyways, wire it all up, bypass the parking break via a relay (parking wire on 30, 85 remote, 86 and 87 ground) and that works and everything is fine.

the odd thing is, ill be driving, or sitting parked, and randomly (usually it seems to happen when the volume is at 20+) itll start muting and un muting itself. after a while it will lock on mute til i power off/on the unit.

i tested it again today (checked all connections etc) and it seemed to not start again until i turned on my headlights. but i tried again later with headlights on and couldnt make it happen. idk wtf is going on. its a brand new unit i bought from Newegg.com. could it be the unit, the harness? someone told me to try and disconnect the dimmer wire (i dont have the illumination wire hooked up) and even disconnect the "mute" wire from the harness to the pioneer harness (thats only for BT right?)

any other ideas? ive searched and i dont think i've EVER seen this issue before...thinkign about calling pioneer tomorow too, but i cant mention to them about the bypass LOL..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I could've sold you the one from my HHR //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i was ready to help you but sad thing is i dont have a hhr sorry i would start rechecking the wiring . sounds like something may not be crimped tight causing a fault. seeing as it happens usually at highish volume something might be loose

I'm having this issue right now with a P8000bt... I'm pretty experienced with installs so the wiring is correct. I taped off the mute wire and it still happens. It may have something to do with a bluetooth mute from the phone but I have yet to figure it out... I don't think it's a power issue either because the lights on the deck are unaffected and I'm not using the internal amp at all...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.