Alpine CDA-7894 info

Participant count
  • Participant list

fasfocus00
5,000+ posts

doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice
has anyone had one of these units before, I found general information about these and that was it. i have a guy trying to sell me one but I just don't know if it's a good price or a steal. I saw a review that said it had time alignment and a 2 way built in crossover. any info is greatly appreciated.

Details:

• motorized, detachable face
  • switchable green/amber button illumination
  • blackout display mode — turns off display, reduces power consumption, and enhances sound quality
  • MaxTune SQ tuner
  • 18 presets
  • V-Drive hybrid MOSFET60 internal amp — high-current draw requires direct fused connection to your battery (see "Wiring Note" in the Detailed Info section)
  • plays MP3 files on CD-R or CD-RW plus audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
  • Bass Engine® Plus (bass center frequency, width, and level, plus treble center frequency and level adjustments, as well as 4-channel digital time alignment and a 3-position, 12 dB/octave crossover)
  • Media Xpander™
  • XM Satellite Radio controls (XM Radio subscription, tuner, antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal.) — service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
  • CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only — add an Alpine changer to your receiver order, and save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount
  • optional auxiliary input
  • 4-volt front/rear/subwoofer preamp outputs
  • wireless remote
  • clock
  • 27 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels
  • CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
  • CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
  • FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
  • 1-year warranty

Alpine CDA-7894 CD/MP3 Receiver with Ai-NET CD Changer Controls at Crutchfield.com

i found that on Crutchfield too, was looking for more info on the built in crossover settings. I found a downloadable manual that shows that the crossover setting only go to 160hz, 120hz, 80hz. not really what I was looking for at the price he's offering.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.