Very "Bright" Setup, sad face

the 80prs is a complicated deck to setup, especially in Active mode. speaking of which is the deck in active mode or front/rear mode (it is a sliding notch on the underside of the HU chassis).
there are many MANY places to check for such problem so i don't even know where to begin diagnosing. ur gonna have to go over just about everything from the gains to if the wiring is done in phase. heck crossover settings could be the downfall.
I haven't the slightest clue if its in active or not.. By default its in front/rear correct? Maybe they bumped it :\ but! I did run the deck to my stock speakers before the install and everything sounded fine..

[quote name='jockhater2']We will get someone on this thread who really knows there stuff.
@keep_hope_alive ;[/QUOTE]

I think I may be causing my own problems here, I have a lot of different music, I run it random through maybe 20K unsorted songs. So besides pressing next 90% of the time, it will go from techn9ne or King Gordy, to the Beatles, to Avenged sevenfold, to Rammstien, to Alice in chains... And each song will sound completely different level wise. I cant hear the vocals on one, to screeching vocals and no bass on another with no volume change

I think I may be causing my own problems here, I have a lot of different music, I run it random through maybe 20K unsorted songs. So besides pressing next 90% of the time, it will go from techn9ne or King Gordy, to the Beatles, to Avenged sevenfold, to Rammstien, to Alice in chains... And each song will sound completely different level wise. I cant hear the vocals on one, to screeching vocals and no bass on another with no volume change
iPod? Headphone or USB connection to the deck? My songs on my iPod suffer from that too from the headphone jack, but are all flat volume and proper sounding coming from the full speed USB connection on the deck.

iPod? Headphone or USB connection to the deck? My songs on my iPod suffer from that too from the headphone jack, but are all flat volume and proper sounding coming from the full speed USB connection on the deck.
Its a usb harddrive I keep in my glove box connected to one of the rear USB ports.. Speaking of which I can't get the deck to see new music I put on the drive, only sees what was on the drive when it was first connected .. but thats the least of my worries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Its a usb harddrive I keep in my glove box connected to one of the rear USB ports.. Speaking of which I can't get the deck to see new music I put on the drive, only sees what was on the drive when it was first connected .. but thats the least of my worries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Format the drive, plug it into the deck. Remove it, put it all back on the drive and plug it in.

Format the drive, plug it into the deck. Remove it, put it all back on the drive and plug it in.
Have you had this problem too? I thought I was going insane.. Looking for all this music I added and nothing was there lol

It is ~200GB of music so i could see how the deck would be all fuckthat.jpg

You need to post your settings from the deck. The 80PRS has a lot of tweaking capabilities, which is also room for a lot of undesirable results. I just installed mine last week, and finally figured out where everything is. Go through and write down each of your settings. That, or completely reset the audio settings on the deck and start over. I believe there is a button behind the faceplate, but you can google it as well, it's in the manual.

The auto EQ/TA that you said you ran tends to set the bass levels way lower than people here generally like to set their bass. It blends seamlessly for SQ where it sets it usually, but around here we like it louder. You can set your subwoofer level under "subwoofer 2". Sometimes the sub will be as low as -24dB. You can turn that up and see if you get sub output. But only tweeter output and nothing lower, including the sub which is a totally seperate channel, is a little weird. Sounds like it might also be a crossover or even amp setting problem. Once you are sure you have the deck set right, then you will have to go back and set your gains again, more than likely.

You need to post your settings from the deck. The 80PRS has a lot of tweaking capabilities, which is also room for a lot of undesirable results. I just installed mine last week, and finally figured out where everything is. Go through and write down each of your settings. That, or completely reset the audio settings on the deck and start over. I believe there is a button behind the faceplate, but you can google it as well, it's in the manual.
The auto EQ/TA that you said you ran tends to set the bass levels way lower than people here generally like to set their bass. It blends seamlessly for SQ where it sets it usually, but around here we like it louder. You can set your subwoofer level under "subwoofer 2". Sometimes the sub will be as low as -24dB. You can turn that up and see if you get sub output. But only tweeter output and nothing lower, including the sub which is a totally seperate channel, is a little weird. Sounds like it might also be a crossover or even amp setting problem. Once you are sure you have the deck set right, then you will have to go back and set your gains again, more than likely.
After running the autoEQ last night I bumped the sub level to -3, some songs are low vocal with clipping bass lines (not even heavy bass songs) and then some are screechy high with no mid bass.. Somethings funky just narrowing down what became 1000x times more difficult lol. I dont have anything special set in the deck, ill reset it tonight and put up a picture of the high/mid amp settings. BTW as a fellow 80PRS owner, does it feel like its much harder to put the faceplate back on that it should be? I get the left side seated but I have to press the hell out of the right side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Gives me bad feelings in my jimmies pushing that hard on a deck. And I take it off every night out of paranoia O_O

After running the autoEQ last night I bumped the sub level to -3, some songs are low vocal with clipping bass lines (not even heavy bass songs) and then some are screechy high with no mid bass.. Somethings funky just narrowing down what became 1000x times more difficult lol. I dont have anything special set in the deck, ill reset it tonight and put up a picture of the high/mid amp settings. BTW as a fellow 80PRS owner, does it feel like its much harder to put the faceplate back on that it should be? I get the left side seated but I have to press the hell out of the right side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Gives me bad feelings in my jimmies pushing that hard on a deck. And I take it off every night out of paranoia O_O
No mines very easy, actually the easiest faceplate to put on a deck I have felt. Don't put it on at a 90 degree angle, but more like a 60 or so.

What are you using to test with? USB? Grab a CD to test with. That way it eliminates the files, the USB cables, etc. Doesn't make a lot of sense that you are experiencing different problems with different songs if it wasn't coming from the source. Writing down what you have set for each menu might be easier then taking and uploading that many pictures. It will sure as sh1t be easier for us to read. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

No mines very easy, actually the easiest faceplate to put on a deck I have felt. Don't put it on at a 90 degree angle, but more like a 60 or so.
What are you using to test with? USB? Grab a CD to test with. That way it eliminates the files, the USB cables, etc. Doesn't make a lot of sense that you are experiencing different problems with different songs if it wasn't coming from the source. Writing down what you have set for each menu might be easier then taking and uploading that many pictures. It will sure as sh1t be easier for us to read. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
Hmmmmm 60 degree like, bottom angled out? or top angled out? I was going to take one pic of the physical amp settings, then just reset the deck. But another weird thing to note here, mid bass, and sub stage come in a super high volume, where the tweeters are unbearably loud... Not i have heard plenty that the HSK 165s are harsh. But when I turn them down in the EQ 1.5K-20K at -3Db they sound muddy and well.. ****.. so I feel conflicted good sir

Hmmmmm 60 degree like, bottom angled out? or top angled out? I was going to take one pic of the physical amp settings, then just reset the deck. But another weird thing to note here, mid bass, and sub stage come in a super high volume, where the tweeters are unbearably loud... Not i have heard plenty that the HSK 165s are harsh. But when I turn them down in the EQ 1.5K-20K at -3Db they sound muddy and well.. ****.. so I feel conflicted good sir

Ok, you likely don't have issues except for levels then, is what it sounds like. Are you running passive or active? Basically, do you have one channel for each tweeter and midbass, or are you running rears? You may have a switch on your crossover if you are running passive, or you can turn that channel down if you are running active. And when you say "super high volume", what number is that on the deck?

60 degrees, top of faceplate angled up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.