Very basic question. What kind of box do I use?

justice
10+ year member

I have a 67 beetle. I have 2 6.5" speakers in the front. I will be putting 2 10" 400w legacy woofer in the rear storage compartment (this is not the trunk its just and area behind the rear seat it is still part of the cab) they will be powerd by 2 channels from a 4chan 800w amp. There is not alot of space back there and cost is very important. I have found a pair of sealed boxes for $15 each. And all though I am pressed for space these boxes seem to small. Im gunna guess about 1.5 cubic feet. So do I want sealed or ported? and do I want to fill the box with some sort of padding or something? 'Should I have seporate boxes for each? And if anyone knows of a cheap place to get boxes I will buy them a beer. Thanks

well, considering legacy's are already horrible, i don't think putting it in either will make them sound much better. but i'd say go with sealed boxes since you're pressed for space. also, don't rule out making your own boxes, IMO, 99% of the time it will cost less and be of better quality than any mass produced box. but i'd say if the boxes u wanna get are only $15 each, u should probably get those as making your own also involves a bit of time and some aggravation as well:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.