vented box Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

turbo
10+ year member

canada
I want to build a vented box for two Cerwin vega stealths 4ohm subs

I know there not the best but I've had them sealed for a couple of years and want something different I am putting 500 watts to them.

I just downloaded winisd but don't really understand how to use it

can anyone help me

First off, very nice choice on the Cerwins. I also have 2 of them, although they are the Vega 10's. Going from sealed to ported is going to sound awesome. However, I need to know the size of the subs before I can help you.

Which version ? Start with a new project, select your sub and the type of box you're thinking of using. The vega 124s are in there... think the others are as well.

Then you'll want to input volumes, have it figure port length. It's not particularly useful except for helping to show the flat response curve you're looking for with varying conditions (I dare say it might be most useful at telling you how far messed up little errors will be... and putting your mind at rest). I'm not a very power user of the program, but it helps hone in on what size box and port you want to use. BTW, the dimensions it gives for boxes aren't very good... while they may end up with the right volume, they just seem out of whack as far as proportions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.