Vendor Reputation - Weaponization of Dislike Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost zero money because of the protests against them. Nobody gives a crap about their political beliefs if they like their chicken. You don’t care either booby. You’re just virtue signaling and being fake, just like the rest of the social media zombies.

How can you say that they didn't lose any money? They lost the whole LGBTQ crowd. They even closed at least one restaurant after the protests. I'm guessing that cost them some money.

Multiple people crying about "cancel culture". Are you effing kidding me? "Cancel culture" is a term coined by Conservapubs who are upset that "liberals" push for people to shift away from actions that are disrespectful to others, and to make the C-pubs stop celebrating such things.

Tell a Conservapub they can't exclude people due to their sexuality, and they freak out, but heaven forbid someone exclude THEM due to their religion (both are protected from discrimination, btw).
"Cancel culture" is simply shunning things you do not like, or that a group does not like. It used to be called "blacklisting", like Hollywood did to Communists back in the day. Basically, the C-pubs hate it unless THEY are the ones who are doing the canceling.

"Using your chick fil a example, what's going on here would be the equivalent of standing outside the store with a poster to try to deter people from giving them business without trying their food."

No, what I'm doing is NOTHING like that. I choose not to do business with some people i think are a-holes, regardless of the quality of their product. I'm happy to share that i think someone is an a-hole, but people can make their own decisions as to what to do. No one is beholden to me to boycott a business simply b/c *I* do.

I am not in the market for a box design (I can design and build mine just fine), but if Buck is guilty of what people say he is (I would verify first) and I needed something done, he would not be someone that would get my business.

It's more about discrimination not donations.
The whole controversy was about them not donating to places that support LGBTQ issues. Do you actually know the story behind the controversy? You seem to think they refused to serve people with alternative lifestyles or fired people for being gay. We must have a different definition on what constitutes discrimination.

The whole controversy was about them not donating to places that support LGBTQ issues. Do you actually know the story behind the controversy? You seem to think they refused to serve people with alternative lifestyles or fired people for being gay. We must have a different definition on what constitutes discrimination.
Well cnn said...

OR it may have had something to do with this move:
"On June 16, 2012, while on the syndicated radio talk show, The Ken Coleman Show, Chick-fil-A president and chief operating officer (COO) Dan Cathy stated:
I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, "We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage". I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."
The day after the Supreme Court of the United States struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, Cathy tweeted, "Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies."
In March 2014, Cathy said he regretted drawing his company into the controversy.

OR it may have had something to do with this move:
"On June 16, 2012, while on the syndicated radio talk show, The Ken Coleman Show, Chick-fil-A president and chief operating officer (COO) Dan Cathy stated:

The day after the Supreme Court of the United States struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act, Cathy tweeted, "Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies."
In March 2014, Cathy said he regretted drawing his company into the controversy.
I’m not saying I like the opinion of the CEO, but it’s not discriminatory still. I’m way more discriminatory against her stupid religion than anything she said. I think she’s an idiot……but I still like the chicken sandwiches.

Well cnn said...

I never said that they refused to serve anybody. I don't know where you came up with that from.

I miss when I could have my own sub forum where I can control the thread better
So free speech only goes as long as you have the power to censor dissent. Nice.

This is the attack of a business for differing opinions on things not related to audio.
Could well be. That's why real professional business owners keep their yap shut about things outside of their business and product on social media.... or they go over the top about it because there's no such thing as bad publicity and/or they're trying to appeal to a certain market at the expense of another.

You're a volunteer not a victim.

So free speech only goes as long as you have the power to censor dissent. Nice.

That's BS. My thread is my business front. I'm not censoring anyone; what is in my thread is lies and has nothing to do with my business, and it isn't the appropriate part of the forum to do that in, and I pay to be a vendor here. It's not dissent, and don't you start with me. I'm not going to tolerate extreme lies about me in basically my own online business front which is my thread.

People should debate back if they don't like what I say, they shouldn't come out of The Thunderdome into the Enclosure Design and Help section to come and try to ruin my business thread in there; that's weakness. That's like what the KKK would do to black business, or the Nazi's would do it to Jews. "You hurt my feelings (probably actually didn't), therefore you deserve to be lied about and your business destroyed."

Am I supposed to bend over and censor myself, because one or more can try to ruin my business over Thunderdome opinions?

It would be a different story if the harsh claims in my thread were true, but they aren't.

Once again, you aren't a customer, either. I put my opinions in the appropriate part of the forum. This is pure defamation and lies, when it comes to what was put in my thread. If I actually said what was claimed, then I feel like I would have something to answer for. The problem is that I didn't say what's claimed. Sharing strong opinions is good for everyone; that's how we figure stuff out, and it's just part of being a human and socializing.

You say I'm censoring dissent, but that's exactly why my thread was crap posted inside. My opinions weren't liked, so my business was attacked in attempt to run me off or damage my business.

Last edited:
That's BS. My thread is my business front. I'm not censoring anyone; what is in my thread is lies and has nothing to do with my business, and it isn't the appropriate part of the forum to do that in, and I pay to be a vendor here. It's not dissent, and don't you start with me. I'm not going to tolerate extreme lies about me in basically my own online business front which is my thread.

People should debate back if they don't like what I say, they shouldn't come out of The Thunderdome into the Enclosure Design and Help section to come and try to ruin my business thread in there; that's weakness. That's like what the KKK would do to black business, or the Nazi's would do it to Jews. "You hurt my feelings (probably actually didn't), therefore you deserve to be lied about and your business destroyed."

Am I supposed to bend over and censor myself, because one or more can try to ruin my business over Thunderdome opinions?

View attachment 31864

It would be a different story if the harsh claims in my thread were true, but they aren't.

Once again, you aren't a customer, either. I put my opinions in the appropriate part of the forum. This is pure defamation and lies, when it comes to what was put in my thread. If I actually said what was claimed, then I feel like I would have something to answer for. The problem is that I didn't say what's claimed. Sharing strong opinions is good for everyone; that's how we figure stuff out, and it's just part of being a human and socializing.

You say I'm censoring dissent, but that's exactly why my thread was crap posted inside. My opinions weren't liked, so my business was attacked in attempt to run me off or damage my business.

I took a fast glance through that thread and must have missed the defamation, lies, deceit, Nazi-like and KKK-like behavior.
You posted a few of your own chosen examples to share, but they were of a member saying they wished you made a million dollars.

Can you share some of the bad stuff?

I took a fast glance through that thread and must have missed the defamation, lies, deceit, Nazi-like and KKK-like behavior.
You posted a few of your own chosen examples to share, but they were of a member saying they wished you made a million dollars.

Can you share some of the bad stuff?

Unless it's been edited out, you didn't look very hard. Yes, you must have missed.

Once again, you're just saying stuff without saying much of anything. My threads are just right here on the site, it's not hard to find, buddy. Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants