Vendor Reputation - Weaponization of Dislike Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't deny you make some good points. However, there's a huge difference between alienation and defamation. Lost revenue due to alienation is self-induced. Lost revenue due to defamation is a deliberate attack, in this case by someone who hasn't even experienced buck's services. How can you badmouth a business you haven't tried?
There absolutely is a difference, but alienation can cause the defamation. It should only be of the person, but some people don’t separate the two, especially when the person is also the business OWNER.
In small business, the two are pretty much synonymous.
I’d never say Chick-Fil-A is garbage if it’s not (no clue, really), but I WILL say I would never buy their product b/c the owners are hypocrite homophobic pieces of s**t.

I’d never say anything about Bucks builds (except what I know for a fact), but I certainly might question and avoid his business based on his actions here.I might even tell others “I’d be wary of doing business with someone who acts this way”.

Chick-Fil-A is garbage, the food is horrible imho yet people love it. Tried it once and that was enough for me afterwords I went out and stopped to get Pizza because it was that horrible. I'd rather have Wendy's Chicken Nuggets or Popeye's for Chicken. Or if I am in Chicago nothing beats Brown's Chicken or a local place near Joliet called Chicken-N-Spice. That place destroys other chicken places.

Kinda like Hobby Lobby as well. They have stuff there I need but I won't go in there unless I can't get it online. Same owners pull that stuff that the owners of Chick-Fil-A does and even got caught illegally importing stolen items from Iraq and other Middle East Countries.

There absolutely is a difference, but alienation can cause the defamation. It should only be of the person, but some people don’t separate the two, especially when the person is also the business OWNER.
I’d never say Chick-Fil-A is garbage if it’s not (no clue, really), but I WILL say I would never buy their product b/c the owners are hypocrite homophobic pieces of s**t.

I’d never say anything about Bucks builds (except what I know for a fact), but I certainly might question and avoid his business based on his actions here.I might even tell others “I’d be wary of doing business with someone who acts this way”.

Well, that’s nice and all, but that’s not a justification to do what’s happened, and you know it. It doesn’t matter if you think I’m alienating people with my words; it’s not your business.

You do a nice framing job, to say a lot without actually saying much at all, or really standing for anything.

So I can't speak in appropriate parts of the forum where everyone else gets to discuss these topics, but I don't? Because I'm a vendor, I don't get to have free speech?
You can have all the freeze peach you like. Obviously nobody is stopping you.

You can have all the freeze peach you like. Obviously nobody is stopping you.
View attachment 31827

To be honest man, this weird stalking was kinda going on before any incident that I would’ve caused, or specifically the somewhat cluttering of my thread by people with no social skills. I miss when I could have my own sub forum where I can control the thread better; I wish that was still a thing. Just go look at all of the deleted posts in my original new thread that are more at the beginning of the thread.

It's like telling people to go fukk themselves, you're a retard, you're a faggott, you're a dumbazz, you're a dikkhead, you're a cokksucker, you're a motherfukker, you're an idiot, go fukk yourself, go kill yourself, and the World will be a better place without you in it. Then you ask those same people if you can sell them a box design. That's probably not the best business plan!

It sounds like you're promoting cancel-culture. If everyone is an adult, alienation shouldn't cause defamation. I don't think chick fil a is rude to gay people; they can separate their opinion of gay people from their business. People don't agree on everything, but that doesn't mean we disagree on everything. That's how life is. You can choose to focus on disagreements or focus on commonalities.

Using your chick fil a example, what's going on here would be the equivalent of standing outside the store with a poster to try to deter people from giving them business without trying their food.

I know this is an example and not the issue at hand, but for what it's worth: when Buck designed my box, he didn't ask for payment until after he had done the work. He asked for payment before he sent me the design, but AFTER he had spent three hours on the phone with me making sure he had all the necessary info to deliver a good product, and AFTER he had done his magic and crafted the design. If I was unsatisfied at any point, I could have cancelled the agreement. Honestly, if I built the box he designed and it sounded like **** and I scrapped it, I think Buck would have refunded me, but it didn't come to that.

It sounds like you're promoting cancel-culture. If everyone is an adult, alienation shouldn't cause defamation.

This is mostly what it feels or seems like to me. This is the attack of a business for differing opinions on things not related to audio. I've been honest; I know I have strong words, and I know the people that I've debated with also use strong words. The playing field is even between those who don't like some of my opinions and myself, and also those who have their own opinions. I don't have an upper hand in a place where we're all equal, and this dispute has absolutely nothing to do with audio. This is defamation for having a life view that differs from others, so in the mind of what seems to be just a few people, I don't get to have peace in my business thread, because of my overall life view and opinions. The insults are not one sided; we are all equal where we argue about non-audio topics, in The Thunderdome, where this activity should stay, unless it's an audio debate related to subject in an audio thread.

Last edited:
They lost zero money because of the protests against them. Nobody gives a crap about their political beliefs if they like their chicken. You don’t care either booby. You’re just virtue signaling and being fake, just like the rest of the social media zombies.

They lost zero money because of the protests against them. Nobody gives a crap about their political beliefs if they like their chicken. You don’t care either booby. You’re just virtue signaling and being fake, just like the rest of the social media zombies.

How am I being fake? Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date