valor head unit in clk 320 -- gain, frequency, bass settings?

dapitts08

Okay I just had the Valor DTS 660WT headunit installed in my 98 Mercedes CLK with factory Bose speakers. For those who don't know...Valor is a mobile multimedia system (includes: in dash DVD player, touch screen, tv tuner, ipod control, bluetooth control, etc). I know absolutely nothing about car audio systems and my installers were not the most knowledgeable people in the world. I am trying to figure out how what i should set my audio signal processing (straight from the manual...lol) options to. The menu lists the following: bass frequency, treble frequency, sub filter, sub phase, bass q factor, fm/am gain, dvd gain, tv gain, bluetooth gain, sat gain, ipod gain, nav gain, sd card gain and aux in gain. All of these can be set to different levels but I am TERRIFIED that if I set the level wrong I will blow my speakers out. I believe my car has a built in amp in the truck or something too. Do you guys have any suggestions on the best settings. Remember....I know nothing about audio except bass, treble, fade, and balance....lol....

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. But, I have the same HU and am not very happy with it. If you're using an ipod through your HU are the controls awful or is it just mine? The shuffle feature works some of the time, even though all the song information on the ipod is correct the HU can't keep up and doesn't display all the songs by a specific artic when selected. There are other problems and I'm just wondering if you're experiencing any trouble. Thanks.

I talked to the guy at Valor tech support about the ipod. He said that the headunit is not designed for ipod's that were formatted for macs. He suggested to reformat the ipod for windows. I didn't do it though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Also your ipod will format with fat32 as long as the first sync install is on a windows unit (according the guy at tech support)...And yes I have been having the same trouble with the ipod interface.

I talked to the guy at Valor tech support about the ipod. He said that the headunit is not designed for ipod's that were formatted for macs. He suggested to reformat the ipod for windows. I didn't do it though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Also your ipod will format with fat32 as long as the first sync install is on a windows unit (according the guy at tech support)...And yes I have been having the same trouble with the ipod interface.
All ipods are formatted for macs arent they. how did he tell you to reformat it for windows??

He said that the ipod will format based on the first system it is synced to. If it is sync first on mac it will format in that manner and if it is synced on a windows os it will fomat fat 32. If you connect your ipod and open itunes (7.0) and look at the summary...I think it says how it is formatted. My ipod is in the car so I can't confirm right now but I know I found it before and mine is formatted for a mac. My primary laptop is a powerbook so I was weary of reformatting it for windows so I just decided to deal with the gliches eevry now and then. I don't use shuffle often but I have found that the song list are sometimes off and there are duplicates at times.

Also I was wondering if you guys have been able to get a signal for the tv tuner or if you have installed some kind of signal booster. If you have, do you have a recommendation for one. My installer placed the antennas that came with it along the top of the front windshield instead of the rear window. I don'y know if that would make a difference too. Lastly, can you list what you have your audio settings set to? I know that it is going to be dependent on your system what sounds best but I would like to use your settings as a starting point.

Because mine is in a truck the tv antenna is installed in the lower right corner of the the front window with one 'arm' of the antenna running vertically and the other horizontally. I get about the same reception as if I was using a similar antenna on a home television. I am still VERY frustrated with the ipod functionallity (or lack there of). I should have waited for the Clarion. My ipod has never been on a mac so I don't know that it would be formatted for a mac. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Also, I don't recall what the audio settings are at, but I have adjusted them to where I think they sond the best and that is good enough for me. If you have any more advice on the ipod I would love to heard it!

Hmmm, speaking of Ipods and these units, I have a DTS-660WT and a 30GB, white 5th gen video Ipod. I have an issue where sound is at normal volume on the right speakers and all I get on the left speakers is extremely low volume (almost inaudible). Even trying to set the balance 100% left and turning up the volume only produces an extremely low volume level output.

From all other sources (sat, AM/FM, CD, DVD, etc) sound is perfect. So, now I'm wondering if the issue is:

Bad/Faulty Cable on Head Unit

Bad Ipod/Ipod interface on Ipod

Bad Head Unit

I already upgraded the firmware hoping that even though there was no fix specific to the Ipod sound that it might work correctly, but no dice.

I'm just wondering what issues other people are having.

Hi all,

I'm curious how everyone likes their Valor HU. I'm thinking of getting one, but not sure about quality.....or if it even works. Any progress on the ipod problems?

Phelixx, I'm particularly interested in your install, as I too am in Omaha and I'm curious to see if it holds up in the cold.

Thanks!!

-Ross

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.