using stock amp for fill

kfs27

NJ
i have a jeep grand cherokee, i have comps up front and subs in the back, but i'd like to use the stock speakers for some rear fill etc.

the signal going into the amp right now is 9V line level, i know most stock amps hook up to speaker level outputs on head units, (i think at least) would this mean the stock amp could handle a 9V line level.

the line level voltage, speaker level wattage difference has always confused me, any explanation would be great.

dude, if i were you i wouldnt even worry about the back ones.... they will just make it sound worse, especially the stock speakers... just save ur money and get u some decent speakers...

with nice comps up front and a sub in back you dont need rear fill. i just got my 6x9s back there for now since i dont have a sub yet.

Yeah, dont use stock speakers if they're already out. Get a pair of 6x9s for 60 bucks somewhere and connect them to hu, since i dont think that some cherokees have rear speaks at all. Good thought tho. A beginner can run 18g wire form rear to front and crimp 4 butt connectors 2gether.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.