using single RCA feed to my amp for sub

Zivman
10+ year member

with home audio I am used to running a single LFE line to my subs. I am doing an install with a CDA-117 and a PDX-F4 amp. I know the amp wants a left and right input feed. I didn't really look into the HU outputs. figured it would have a single sub preout, so I bought a single RCA and a Y adapter, but now I see the HU has a L/R RCA outputs for the sub.

What I want to know -> can I use a single RCA off the Left side RCA sub output on the HU and Y it on the amp side?

Yes if thats what your amp needs but most take a L/R just like the Deck

My concern is not the on the amp side. it is on the HU side. the sub preout is a set of preouts -> left and right. I have a single wire I plan to run off one side. is this doable or do I need to get a set of RCAs to run off the set of preouts

It would be better to use a pair of RCA's as that is the way it was intended to work.

You do not need an expensive RCA - a basic one works fine for your Sub Stage.

If the head unit allows you to specify a mono output, then a single RCA is ok. If not, then it is a stereo output and you will lose some signal to the sub.

Go through the setup on the HU and see what options you have, or refer to the manual.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.