Using Head Unit Speaker Setting instead of Crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brocktune

No interest in subs. Bought an aftermarket Kenwood. Buit in amp 22 watt rms for four channel. Is this decent? Front doors of 98 Buick Regal are component. Are the tweeters worth messing with, or should I just install a couple of 2 way Infinity Reference in the lower door? Just bought this stuff off Crutchfield, having second thoughts. Really just seeking optimal vocal clarity

Kenwood KMM-BT318U

Infinity Reference REF-5022cfx

It'll sound better than the stock speakers. Your title is kinda confusing....are you wanting to use the HU's x-over settings instead of on the amp?

Yes HU No amp external amp. Just realized that the HU has the internal 22 watt amp for for 4 channels (two zones; + and - count for one each), and 6 channel preamp outputs (not amplified; intended to be run to an external amp). Sorry I am new to car audio, and keep thinking in cheap home stereo receiver terms where you have less power to a speker everytime you plug another one in. I now caught on. 4 channels= 2 zones. An added external crossover is so I could have 4 speakers in the front zone and 2 speakers in the rear zone; and have the same amount of power running to each zone. Or am I completely off base?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.