Using clup light to set h/u??

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
Just a crap shot. Could you use a amp clip light to find head unit max volume b4 clipping? I havent seen much info on it. Digital designs made a vid years ago to set amp gains using light. But they just gave you a rough guess at 3/4 volume. But what if your amp doesnt clip at all or its very close to max. You would be leaving some potential on the table. I know theres better ways of doing this it just an idea.

Just a crap shot. Could you use a amp clip light to find head unit max volume b4 clipping? I havent seen much info on it. Digital designs made a vid years ago to set amp gains using light. But they just gave you a rough guess at 3/4 volume. But what if your amp doesnt clip at all or its very close to max. You would be leaving some potential on the table. I know theres better ways of doing this it just an idea.
I use my ears and nose for tuning mine ... when you start hearing distortion or smelling subs burn your clipping...time to turn it down....

But a clip indicator light would definitely help ...some quality high powered subs may be clipping before they start cooking the voice coils...so the light would give you a nice indicator to help save your subs ...Almost all subs will clip some you just dont want a steady clip light ..and occasional light flash on a low note isnt gonna hurt anything ...

I use my ears and nose for tuning mine ... when you start hearing distortion or smelling subs burn your clipping...time to turn it down....

But a clip indicator light would definitely help ...some quality high powered subs may be clipping before they start cooking the voice coils...so the light would give you a nice indicator to help save your subs ...Almost all subs will clip some you just dont want a steady clip light ..and occasional light flash on a low note isnt gonna hurt anything ...

Yeah ive been watching a bunch of dynos on utube to see if someone found a h/u rhat doesnt clip. I know ive seen it before just need to get the models. At least that will let me know im close to giving the cleaning single.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.