Using a 4th-order bandpass enclosure for MIDBASS

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tempe
10+ year member

FI Car Audio FTW!!!
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-832

Two of those badboys would be what I would like to try. Of course the midbass needs to be in stereo and appear to come from the front stage. There is usually not much room up front for midbass enclosures. This is my idea.

I have a 1998 Ford Ranger Supercab. In addition to my sub enclosure in the rear cab I plan on putting two 4th-order bandpass enclosures back there. Each one will be immediately behind each front seat. The port will be 100% external, sit immediately next to each front seat, and the port end would be at the front of each seat.

The subwoofer itself would be behind me. Of course the sound exits from the port only. The mouth of the port would be in front of both the passenger and driver. Each port would be at the far right/left of the vehicle, which would of course keep the midbass in stereo. The hard part is getting the bandpass enclsoure to play high enough. Ideally I want the midbass to play in a 50 hz - 120 hz passband. I know WinISD is not the best thing to predict in-cabin resopnse, but it is better than nothing. This is what I came up with:

tang-band-4bp.jpg

The green line is an estimated in-car response. Please comment on this preposterous idea

I've also considered the Dayton Aluminum 7" Driver...

Tempe

you'll see why nobody does it as soon as you try it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

4th orders are stupidly peaky...and you'll have a RETARDED amount of cone breakup...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.