Using 2x4's?

evil_lies

Texas
I know mdf is the standard material for boxes, but I am thinking about doing a false bottom in my truck to fit a full size spare and hide my amp. I was thinking I might incorporate a couple shallow subs in the construction. If I used the 4" side of a 2x4 as the side walls and msg for top and bottom, sealing the crap out of the seams should I expect problems?

ive seen good results with liquid nails too
Liquid nails is designed to be an adhesive. I don't use it.

On small boxes I glue every piece together and use screws. After the glue dries, silicone caulk is what i use to seal small cracks.

I've used tube after tube of PL I love that ****. It's sticks to anything and seals seams very well. Just don't get it on your skin it literally stains your skin. The only way to get it off is just waiting it out and using friction lmao.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.