Anybody want to help me with a hybrid design?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
If anyone is interested in the near future, I want to attempt a hybrid between a series 6th order bandpass and a transmission line. Now this enclosure is going to be relatively HUGE. You're going to need a good amount of space, depending on the woofer size. You should be able to run this on full power of the woofer, the woofer will have loading.

You know, if you've got something like a spare 8, 10 or 12 just sitting around.

If anyone is interested in the near future, I want to attempt a hybrid between a series 6th order bandpass and a transmission line. Now this enclosure is going to be relatively HUGE. You're going to need a good amount of space, depending on the woofer size. You should be able to run this on full power of the woofer, the woofer will have loading.
I've got a Skar EVL-65 just sitting here... it's for a t-line project but as of now it is brand new... I've got a RF power 50x2 to power it with max rated RMS...(200+)... I'm game... I've got nothing but time on my hands... LOL!.. I CAN build fairly well as long as I have CLEAR direction... I've got 25 years working with systems and the experience should have it's advantages... I know it's not a big bad sub but maybe It'll make a nice little side project... Wanna' give it a try?

I've got a Skar EVL-65 just sitting here... it's for a t-line project but as of now it is brand new... I've got a RF power 50x2 to power it with max rated RMS...(200+)... I'm game... I've got nothing but time on my hands... LOL!.. I CAN build fairly well as long as I have CLEAR direction... I've got 25 years working with systems and the experience should have it's advantages... I know it's not a big bad sub but maybe It'll make a nice little side project... Wanna' give it a try?
Email at buck.box.designs@gmail.com so I can put you on the list. It'll be low priority atm, I've got a few designs a must do before I can play.

LOL!... with a 6.5?... I'll bet you mean 2 12's... can't do anything THAT big in mom's car... I'ts hers... I really do not drive... she pretty much gets me there... I may drop her at a mall or whatever... But I'm NOT comfortable behind the wheel anymore... I'd LIKE to try... but it'll be basically a wall... and that won't work...

It's just sitting here brand new waiting for me to get off my lazy azz...

XzUU4hQ.jpg

I'm down with that for sure... you can do all the T/S modeling I'm sure and I'll just need the basics like volumes, port area... etc... a diagram as to how you envision it might be helpful as well... if this thing works out I'll put it into a 2013 Focus... the trunk one... My son has power to spare (up to 800 watts)... space limitations are 38 w x 14 h x 24 d... does it sound feasible?..

I have 67 cubes gross and 28kw on tap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.