USA vs Foreign Products

I know that this wasnt intended for me....But nut rider?...If you think that insult is good then u seriously need 2 step ur game up.......And the price really isnt too bad considering what you see from other companies.
and you are right i was not referring to you nor did i start this thread to hear some odd ball guy call me names over some company that i said nothing about like he is the **** ceo or something

oh yeah and if the post is so dumb then why the hell are you reading it and giving your lame response
Your calling my response lame yet your the one who doesnt understand the basics of manufacturing and pricing? Your going to realll far in this world pal, really, I mean it. I'll be watching you on the special olympics podium one day, I know it.

and you are right i was not referring to you nor did i start this thread to hear some odd ball guy call me names over some company that i said nothing about like he is the **** ceo or something
haha, I'm done after this. I have NO affiliation with Fi whatsoever. I simply pointed out that your response seemed like a direct stab at them. If it wasnt, I apologize. But the fact remains your complaining about pricing of American made goods vs. those of foreign goods of less quality. If you dont see the obvious reason why then your at a sure loss of common sense...

I'm done.

Your calling my response lame yet your the one who doesnt understand the basics of manufacturing and pricing? Your going to realll far in this world pal, really, I mean it. I'll be watching you on the special olympics podium one day, I know it.
im not a manufactorer nor do i want to be one, i mean why exactly are you getting so sensitive about this, am i missing something here how exactly do you know what they are paying for the parts in their products and how much its costs to assemble it, i mean if you have some sort or parts lists and the labor costs please share them since you are so full of manufactoring and pricing info

and just for references this was not started to criticize Fi i was simple making a general statement as you can see in the title

compare it to many companies, and you'll find they're cheaper and pretty much the same quality. Id probably buy FI if I had a reason to.
please read my opening statement and you will see that i never mentioned any names, i have no idea why this guy assumed i was talking about Fi for some reason

I know alot of people love to support their country and support the products made by them. Hey I would love to have some products made in the USA versus having a foreign product if the quality is there, but why do we charge so **** much for things such as car electronics. The sad part about it is that startup companies can not compete with other companies that have a history and reputation. So why try to start a new line of products and set the price so high as if they already have a reputation.
Not sure about the latter half of your post, but the first part is an unfortunate reality. I don't know of one single electronic product today that is made "soley in the US" or "soley in Canada". If there is, please correct me. Practically all manufacturers are sourcing their supplies from Asia these days.

Not sure about the latter half of your post, but the first part is an unfortunate reality. I don't know of one single electronic product today that is made "soley in the US" or "soley in Canada". If there is, please correct me. Practically all manufacturers are sourcing their supplies from Asia these days.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, and that pretty much leads me to this final statement, where exactly do you think they get their so called high quality parts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

im not a manufactorer nor do i want to be one, i mean why exactly are you getting so sensitive about this, am i missing something here how exactly do you know what they are paying for the parts in their products and how much its costs to assemble it, i mean if you have some sort or parts lists and the labor costs please share them since you are so full of manufactoring and pricing info
I dont know exactly what they pay but as snoopdan said "compare it to many companies, and you'll find they're cheaper and pretty much the same quality." I would run Fi subs against another mainstream company. Now how would I have their labor costs and material cost sheets? When I worked for 2 different machine shops making custom aluminum parts material was about 10% of the final cost, the rest was all in labor, machine time/maintenence...

please read my opening statement and you will see that i never mentioned any names, i have no idea why this guy assumed i was talking about Fi for some reason

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif uhh I agreed with you, why do I need to re-read? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Its usually the cottage companies who offer the best bang for the buck. Their product may be a few bucks more than say XYZ comglomerate, but they usually have a lot to prove, and that is usually spelled quality, service, etc.

As always, when the cottage company grows up, things begin to change...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.