USA vs Foreign Products

Its usually the cottage companies who offer the best bang for the buck. Their product may be a few bucks more than say XYZ comglomerate, but they usually have a lot to prove, and that is usually spelled quality, service, etc.
As always, when the cottage company grows up, things begin to change...
Like... oh who do we know like that... RE?? They made some top notch stuff at **** good prices... till they blew up and started letting themselves get big and bought out.

first off i dont really give a **** about any Fi products, and like i said there stuff probably is overpriced like i said you nut rider, and second who the hell sells this stuff i cant find any of it anywhere, and how would you know how much money i have, i simply stated that it is overpriced, and you are retarded for paying $500 for a subwoofer

How is FI subs overpriced??

$260 for a 12inch FIQ

I would not call that overpriced

your a dumb noob, go kill your self.

tru tech amps made in usa as much as can be. their boards come from somewhere near denver, their heat sinks are cnc's in usa, what ever circuit components they can get that are made in usa are used, they are hand built in so cal.

DD, uses as much made in usa parts as is available. and makes some of their own parts.

usa, denmark, sweden, germany, etc all have good made products. good quality control, good materials, good designs.

everyone wants to try and make a decent living. there's one thing with reasonable mark-up and gouging. american government gouges the hell out of companies that overseas doesn't have those costs. environmental, workers comp through the roof, unemployment tax's, business and labor tax's. if you make $10/HR, your employer pays at least another $10/HR in other expenses on you. it all adds up. i'm sure no one wants to live in a card board box because they can't make enough $ to live.

think about next time you're at work, tell your boss you want a 50% pay cut so he can lower his prices. that sure the heck won't go over well with either of you will it?

you can't compare the price of $2 a day, long duck dong, made sub with a DD for example.

just because both are speakers and look pretty much the same, does not mean they are. steel isn't steel. there are dfifferent grades/ qualities. just like all the rest of the parts have different qualities, specs, and tolerances.

like if you buy a cheap harbor freight wrench and try it against a snap on. any one who turns a wrench for a living will not settle with harbor freight junk. the open end wrench spreads easy, it breaks when you try to reaf on it, and it might say 1/2", but it's too sloppy and strips a 1/2" nut, too small for a 9/16".

and so on, and so on.

In the real world of Off Shoring. Prices did not go down, They stayed the same. The price of the stock went up.

Now all those unemployed workers "Sorry Consumers" can't afford to buy quality stuff.

As they Say the Best Goverment Money Can Buy. I hear that ******* sound getting closer!

PS: Now they want to import Cheap Labor from South of the Border. At the cost of your Job and Furture.

What I find kinda funny is that the American companies source their amps from Asia, while a Japanese company like Nakamichi has their amps made here in America.

Japan has Goverment Support, Where here in the US our Representives stash cash in the old Ice box. Then say it was not a bribe:crazy: Yea right Congressman we all hide 90k in cash in our Ice Box at work:naughty:

Ford=Mazda as well.

If you want US made you have too buy Military Products.

I think Fi's products are a bit expensive... but from what I hear, are worth every penny. Besides, Fi has their foot way in the door with the audiophile population. Keeping stuff off store shelves FTMFW.
What exactly is that last statement supposed to mean?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.