US MD2D settings

LIGHTBEING
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys,

Just curious how you other owners have your settings.

I have 12" 05 RE XXX and my box is tuned to 30hz. HU is 2.2 volts I believe.

I'm gonna mess around with it today but do you have any suggestions on the following?

Level

Subsonic

LPF

Bass EQ

Thanks,

Jordan

Hey guys,
Just curious how you other owners have your settings.

I have 12" 05 RE XXX and my box is tuned to 30hz. HU is 2.2 volts I believe.

I'm gonna mess around with it today but do you have any suggestions on the following?

Level

Subsonic

LPF

Bass EQ

Thanks,

Jordan
subsonic - 24-26hz

LPF - 80

bass eq - 0

Level - It is going to be difficult for someone to just tell you where to set this. You can use a DMM to set the gain. No sub connected using a 50 Hz tone, somewhere around 40 volts RMS on the output would be a good starting point.

Subsonic - 20 Hz would be a good starting point. You can adjust this while playing music with low bass content to see if it can go any higher without losing low end for the type of music you listen to.

LPF - set this one by ear. When I had 05 XXX, I really did not like how they sounded above 65-70 Hz. You may like it set higher.

Bass EQ - all the way off. The 05 XXX is not going to need any EQ to sound good in a 30 Hz ported box.

Brian

SSF - Set the SSF 10hz below the tuning of your enclosure. There is a more scientific method that immacomputer has.

Bass EQ - Leave Bass Eq @ 0. You will not need it.

Level/Gain - Set to the amount of power your want. YOu probably want around 40v, as said before.

LPF- I set mine right around 80hz, but XXX's aren't known for having a good upper end extension. I would set it around 65-70hz and HPF your mids right above what you set your LPF at. That is if your midbass can handle playing that low.

for the gain, i prefer setting it by ear. i tried setting it with a DMM before and didn't like how it it turned out for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.