SOLD US AMPS VLX-25 Vintage 1999, 225amp fused cheater amp - 300 shipped

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
PLEASE NOTE:

THIS IS ACTUALLY A USA 100HC sometime in this amps life the side plates were switched with the vlx-25 side plates.

regardless, it is still an AWESOME amp that typically goes for 400ish on ebay, so someone buy this up.

Old school, Floridian hand crafted beast. As most of us know these are EXTREMELY hard to come by. This is part of the high current era of amps designed to take extremely low ohm loads and put out a ton of power....while keeping the 4ohm rated power low for the competitions circuits that limit each class by the amps rated power ."""rated""" 800 watts per ch, but recommended fusing at 225 amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

for the noobs i'll do the math:

225amps x 12v = 2700 watts

225amps x 14v = 3150 watts

Cliff notes from the technical specs:

-Power Supply: Non-regulated Ultrafet.

-Circuit Board: Ground-reinforced dual gold-plated RCA jacks. Input-isolated to effectively eliminate ground loops and subsequent system noise.

-Output Components: Twenty 125 watt 3MHz bipolar transistors. (2,500 watts)

-24v power rails.

-Signal Path Components: All polypropylene capacitors and 1% tolerance resistors.

-Output Signal Delivery: All high level signals exit the circuit board via 8 gauge oxygen-free Ultraflow wire by Esoteric Audio.

-1 ohm stable

Here's a link to the very in depth technical specs on the amp:

http://www.usamps.com/technical/pdf/wpX25_99.pdf

Here's a link to the manual for all us amps amps that year, the 100hc on page 17:

http://www.usamps.com/technical/pdf/owners_manual_99.pdf

Condition:

The backside plexi is scratched up, but the amp will look ultra sexy with a new plexi put in (very easy to change out).

The plexi piece is 23'' x 5.25'' x 0.125''. You can easily find a replacement piece of plexi, lexan, or acrylic for cheap and have a **** sexy amp.

There's some small scratches on the chrome paint on the backside. The front of the amp has a good bit of scratches, maybe a 7/10. Amp works 100% and pushed my BTL very impressively.

Now for the sexy pics:

...some of the screws are off the amp side plate. i do have all the original screws for the side plates.

2 of the screws are missing from the speaker outputs. These of course can be easily replaced. if you plan on bridging the amp then you wont even need them.

First one with 300 shipped (gift payment) gets this piece of car audio history safely to thier front door. Add for fees if you dont want to send as a gift payment.

paypal is JayM_Productions@yahoo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
no trades at the moment.

not sure of exact power but like i stated on the first post it takes a 225 amp fuse, so it's not playing around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sale pending

your coustic 650 maybe? bit of a stretch but i thought i might throw it out there....im pretty much set on selling this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.