Us amps.....But which one is it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

foreman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
Ok, guys, a couple of us stumbled onto this, i'm assuming older US amps all black amp with the logo etched....Now, on the left side of the amp, it has the gain, US amps name, rca's and a 3 knob vari-loud feature.

The right side has the power and speaker terminals and power/prot. led's.

Amp is normal hight and width, but approx. 20" long.....No markings on the board either(plexi bottom) so i'm stumped.I'm betting on it being an older usa-200, but thats my guess.Anyone else before i test it????????

Thought you might respond to this one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'll get some pics up in a little bit.

looks like a 200 to me..

heres a pic of mine, the 150 has less caps and looks smaller, the models higher up have more stuff, thats how u can usually tell, funny eh?

smallteasers0013wk.jpg

but i don't have that variloud thingy like u do, mine might be older. mine does have USA-200 printed on it though.

Korndog, how long is your 200? I think its a 200 as well, but i'll actually have to test it i think........I'm amazed though, NO markings whatsoever on the amp, aside from the name, no model number anywhere, board, side, nothing......

Hmmmmmm. Might be an older 300 or 400, cause its roughly 19-20 inches........I wont play with it at 1 ohm, just 2, its not an hc, at least i don't think it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

19? r u measureing just the top heatsink part (like i am) or including the mounting and terminals, cuz with the terminals i get roughly 19. everything on the board is in the same quantity and order, even same color. steping down or up from the 200, they don't use the same quantity or same things, for example on the 300, the caps are fatter and flatter. on the 150, there are about half the amount of caps.

Hmmmmmm. Might be an older 300 or 400, cause its roughly 19-20 inches........I wont play with it at 1 ohm, just 2, its not an hc, at least i don't think it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
models with the vari loud feature use higher models numbers than the old but then again thats a thin chasis lol like my old 600 (newer chasis than that though) looked like that but it had a wider heatsink (didnt think it was 20" long either though i know the 400's were longer than that (not talking vlx) but they never had anything else to them no x over or anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.