US accoustic wendy

Participant count
  • Participant list
The Wendy would probably be an excellent amp, but it is a Class AB amp and will get hotter than a Class D amp and under the seat in the hot summer Arkansas days. I would think a Class D amp would have to be the best choice.

I love my US Acoustics Lanna, but for you I would recommend the Orion XTR500.2 2 channel amplifier. It’s a little more powerful than the Wendy, but it’s nothing to worry about. The big thing is it is a Class D amp and you should not have to worry about the heat. Plus, it’s only a $180 at SSA:

Sadly, Orion XTR and HCCA amps are out of stock everywhere. I might be taking them down soon if we don't get a new Orion rep with inventory.

I'm looking at about $150 on the high budget wise but less is good 😂

Dont rule out an underdog. I have a Jensen XDA92RB in my car on a pair of stock 10" subs.
I watched an Amp Dyno by Big D Wiz on this and was 100% totally impressed, so I bought one.
I didnt need much, so i thought I'd try it.
Well worth the sub $75 cost. Got it from WalMart. If you order with the app, its $10 less.
Download the app for it, just to play and see. Jensen DSP Amp is the name. You can go LPF, FULL, HPF and actually change the Hz to whatever. 20 to 500 hz either LPF or HPF, and it has 6, 12, and 18db slopes. The EQ (5 band) is fully adjustable. You can type in the frequency or use the slider.
Band 1: 20 to 100
Band 2: 100 to 500
Band 3: 500 to 5000
Band 4: 5000 to 10000
Band 5: 10000 to 16000
Also has 4 preset eq settings, as well as a Bass Boost with a gain setting.
My go-to brand has been Orion (hcca & xtr) since the early 90s, and still is. But I put this in my car on stock 10s and I am blown away by the performance of this lil booger. (also has rgb leds you can play with)

If you do take a chance, make sure you get one that wasnt returned to the store.
Ask them to open it, make sure its sealed and has the little bag of screws & allen wrenches.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

spokey9

5,000+ posts
5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
spokey9
NE AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies