US accoustic wendy

Participant count
  • Participant list

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
So I'm looking into 2 channel options for my tweets...I've got a 2 channel mini stetsom but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want something else on the tweets...anyone know how well a wendy would do under a seat in the AR summer heat? Or maybe a different option that'd do better

I'm looking at about $150 on the high budget wise but less is good 😂

Last edited:
I have a US Acoustics Lanna that I keep in the trunk of my car. It has never gotten too hot to touch. I played it pretty hard for five continuous hours last summer and it was cool to the touch at the end of my trip. But, it is in the trunk where it never gets overly hot. It is way too big to put in the cabin of the car.

This amp rocks. Best sounding amp I’ve ever had. Mid-bass punch is outstanding and has tons of headroom. But, that’s the Lanna, not a Wendy. But, I would think the Wendy would have similar sound characteristics.

I've got a ts400x4 but I want a 2 channel 😂 besides I have my doubts how well it'd survive under the passenger seat with little airflow in the summer heat

So I'm looking into 2 channel options for my tweets...I've got a 2 channel mini stetsom but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want something else on the tweets...anyone know how well a wendy would do under a seat in the AR summer heat? Or maybe a different option that'd do better

I'm looking at about $150 on the high budget wise but less is good 😂
That Wendy is probably a good amp. I don't think SSA would sell junk.

You got any insight how it'll handle the heat under a passenger seat...that's literally the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger at this point...
As long as you are not running it hard below 4 ohm, or have the gains maxed, and there is some air flow (as in not totally sealed off) you should be good. It has a hefty heat sink on it.

As long as you are not running it hard below 4 ohm, or have the gains maxed, and there is some air flow (as in not totally sealed off) you should be good. It has a hefty heat sink on it.
Awesome...I'd be running at 4ohm...I can get a tiny fan in there and it won't be completely sealed off...I'm pretty conservative setting gains anyways...no point buying decent gear then clipping the sht out of it 🤣

Awesome...I'd be running at 4ohm...I can get a tiny fan in there and it won't be completely sealed off...I'm pretty conservative setting gains anyways...no point buying decent gear then clipping the sht out of it 🤣
Got that right. Yeah, if voltage is good, and there is the availability for air to flow near it, you are good.

You got any insight how it'll handle the heat under a passenger seat...that's literally the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger at this point...
The Wendy would probably be an excellent amp, but it is a Class AB amp and will get hotter than a Class D amp and under the seat in the hot summer Arkansas days. I would think a Class D amp would have to be the best choice.

I love my US Acoustics Lanna, but for you I would recommend the Orion XTR500.2 2 channel amplifier. It’s a little more powerful than the Wendy, but it’s nothing to worry about. The big thing is it is a Class D amp and you should not have to worry about the heat. Plus, it’s only a $180 at SSA:

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
spokey9
NE AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies