URGENT - Cd player Skipping, possible car problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

more_spl
10+ year member

only have 1, but it's 12"
Winnipeg
I took my alpine deck in for service because it was skipping, now the stock deck is installed, and to my luck it is skipping too!!! WTF. Why is it that both decks are troublesome. I don't think it's coincidence that the insdes are both dirty and the laser needs maintenance... I am totally stumped, what should i be looking for here? It's not my CD's, becuz it does it on burned and real copies. And it all just started happening the past 2 days, so all cd's dont go bad in 2 days. I'd appreciate help please. Thanks.

could be wiring problems. Check the power wire to the amp..

and sometimes H/U's skip just from bass.. but, i don't even know if you have subs.

this is more_spl, im just at mopedmans house right now. we are trying to figure it out.

Right now i dont have the alpine in, its been sent out for repairs... so basically all wiring harness, power wire, amp and all aftermarket stuff is not being used. All we are doing right now is running the STOCK HU, and it's still skipping..... We can't figure out what can be happening, becuz w/ both it's like they run totally off their own group of wires..

What can be the problems? I took out my rears and we thought those wires were causing a short and skrewing it up, but it's still messed up....

Help?

EDIT: its not skipping ebcuz of bass. I know becuz it just started happening 2 days ago, and the stock system isn't outputting enough bass to matter. And w/ my subs it never skipped.

Although a few weeks ago when i was tweaking the amp, the LP failed and sparks flew a bit. Could that have shorted any car wires to make this problem?

Originally posted by more_spl I took my alpine deck in for service because it was skipping, now the stock deck is installed, and to my luck it is skipping too!!! WTF. Why is it that both decks are troublesome. I don't think it's coincidence that the insdes are both dirty and the laser needs maintenance... I am totally stumped, what should i be looking for here? It's not my CD's, becuz it does it on burned and real copies. And it all just started happening the past 2 days, so all cd's dont go bad in 2 days. I'd appreciate help please. Thanks.
check the deck stability and if it isnt that it could be just the deck. Alpines are a deck that really skips alot.

Originally posted by Dreamworkz check the deck stability and if it isnt that it could be just the deck. Alpines are a deck that really skips alot.
i don't know if that's the problem. Becuz it happens w/ my stock cd player also, i get skipping in both.... But when the RADIO is ON, nothing skips. it only happens when CD player is on. What is a sign of that?

Originally posted by MopeDman also i gotta add that it skips with out the car in movement........so not a mounting problem.......
Mounting is a problem sometimes, When your deck isnt properly mounted right it will skip because it is just moving around in the dash.

Originally posted by Dreamworkz Mounting is a problem sometimes, When your deck isnt properly mounted right it will skip because it is just moving around in the dash.
it appeared to be secure. But i believe it's not a mounting problem, becuz we were actually watching the whole thing and it wasn't vibrating or anything.

Also w/ the stock deck in, it doesn't have a mounting holder, it's the whole size of everything, so there is no chance for it to move around due to the fact it's so large.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.