Upgrading sound system. ADVICE PLEASE???

yowhobedat
10+ year member

I scrapped my old system. I want a new system. I want something clean, but is loud. At the moment, I'm thinking of 2 type rs 10" 600 rms each, sealed. I have a budget of 350- 375 ish on subs. Should I get a ported 12, or 2 10's. I don't want alot of rattling, just loud and clean. Any suggestions on subs? Should I get 2 10's or a really poweful 12. My trunk space is limited too, it's kinda small. I don't have an amp, my amp will depend on th subs I buy. Help please??

i can deal with a little rattling. i dynamatted my trunk already. when i had 2 12's ported before, it was loud, but the bass sounded the same on all songs. just boom boom boom. i just came off 2 10's sealed, and they were good, but i just want it louder. There was a little rattling, but you could still hear the music from outside, not just rattling.

what kinda subs would u suggest instead of type r;;s?

i say go with a good single 10" in a ported box, maybe like an Fi SSD or DC Level 3 or SA-10. you budget is ~300-375 like you stated, save your money get a single 10" sub in a good enclosure and put the remainder of that money towards either the box or amp.

i had 2 12' kenwoods before. i was pushing 700 rms to them.

my subwoofer budget is 350_375. any suggestions on a good sub that would fall in that price range, a 10' sub that would be good in a ported box?

i had 2 12' kenwoods before. i was pushing 700 rms to them.
my subwoofer budget is 350_375. any suggestions on a good sub that would fall in that price range, a 10' sub that would be good in a ported box?
Thats why all you heard was boom boom boom

lol yea maybe because they were kenwoods. Would a type x ported sound good? or any subs with a paper cone?

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

yea i changed my mind on the type r's, now im looking for maybe a ported 12" sub

lol yea maybe because they were kenwoods. Would a type x ported sound good? or any subs with a paper cone? 

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

yea i changed my mind on the type r's, now im looking for maybe a ported 12" sub
Make up your mind? I've heard a single 10" ID max in a ported enclosure and it sounded really nice. A 12 would be louder.

so i should check a 12" ported idmax right?

lol i only know mainstream, that's why im talking to you guys so you can educate me and help me not be like all my friends with their l7z haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.