15" nightshade vs 15" SSA Xcon

delmore34
10+ year member

I am needing some second opinions on what to get. I'll be running 2 15's with a sundown 3500. Space is not really a factor i just dont want the subs to actually flex and not barely move. and i LOVE the low notes. I've heard an xcon 12 on a hifonics brutus1600 and was impressed.

Please give me any other opinions!

Two different drivers, in two different designs, meant for two different intended applications. Both very good at what they are meant to do.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Simple a NS will destroy the SSA. Might not be as musical but for spl NS hands down.
Hard to state that when he did not specify SPL as his goal.

Very professional comment.

Two different drivers, in two different designs, meant for two different intended applications. Both very good at what they are meant to do. 

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Hard to state that when he did not specify SPL as his goal.

thanks for the opinions, will the saz3500 be sufficient?
More than enough, you might want to consider less power, say a 2000-2500w amp. seeing as both drivers are ~1500RMS, 2500 watts would push both of those subs quite sufficiently

on a second note, the AQ HDC3 is a power hungry little beast, I have my 18" running at ~1700 watts, and it's not even reaching half of its xmax. It's also cheaper, if that's a factor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

delmore34

10+ year member
delmore34
blue springs, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from