upgrading my electrical

Depending on year and model you may be correct that no company has done a HO alt yet. They can do it but it would take a good bit more time then say a alt for a 4.0 ford. I member it was many months before someone finally created a HO alt for the Chevy Cruze... But seeing as urs is a 2015 Honda I ma certain its been done by someone. Other then alt not much else you can do. Can add more batts to help when alt gets overloaded. Whats your voltage like at full tilt at idle?

I also have a 2015 Accord and was in contact with Ohio Generator about it earlier this year. At the time they were willing to build me one but they were requiring me to send them a new OEM Honda alternator to convert (not a cheap option). I opted not to proceed at the time but I may in the future if they haven't already got something available by the time I do. If yours is the EX-L with a 3.5L engine like mine, yours probably has the 135 amp stock alternator, which isn't too shabby for a stock unit. While I'm still holding off on the alternator upgrade, I did go ahead and upgrade the front battery to a Duralast AGM, did the big 3 wiring upgrade, and supplemented the amplifiers with an XS Power AGM battery in the trunk. I'm also using all 0/1 gauge pure copper cables. So far my electrical system seems to keep up with the demands I put on it but admittedly, I don't push my audio system overly hard. It's capable of over 5kW RMS total but I'd be surprised if it ever gets close to 2000 Watts (which pretty much shakes the crap out of me and makes my ears ring)! :p Anyway, I'll post again if I get any more information about H.O. alternator options for the 2015 Honda Accord.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i just barely seen these replies lol.

I don't have a volt meter so I don't know how it's handling it. At night I keep the bass knob less than half cuz the dimming is bad. I got sidetracked and kept my electrical stock for now so I take it easy on the bass. Thanks for the info/suggestions

I can't find a link or a post anywhere on doing the big 3 upgrade to my 98 mustang Gt 4.6 v8 5spd got several issues when I turn my ac and then my system on my voltage level drops bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.