Upgrading from stock HU, suggestions?

Striker9

NE OH
I'm looking for a new one for my '02 Accord ex with all stock components. The stock receiver is a double din, 6-cd in dash changer, and 6 speakers.

-Budget is about $150.

-Aux input.

-USB input to play songs from a thumbdrive. It would be nice if it has a rear input as well so I can wire it to the glove compartment.

-Ipod controls

-HD radio would be nice.

-SQ and FM reception are important.

-A button that goes through the presets so that you don't have to find and press each preset button. I'm not sure how common this is but that's what the button on my steering wheel does.

-I'd like to be able to hook it up to my steering wheel controls (volume and track/channel change) I'm not sure if that's possible though.

I doubt I'll be able to find a nice double din for my price range. I probably won't upgrade any of the speakers or add a sub for a while, but I most likely will eventually.

I'm really thinking about getting this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P6000UB/Pioneer-DEH-P6000UB.html plus the HD radio receiver for $179 shipped. I don't know if there are any better options or if it's worth saving up for something else like a touchscreen double din.

Any suggestions?

What would you guys recommend?

I'm looking for a new one for my '02 Accord ex with all stock components. The stock receiver is a double din, 6-cd in dash changer, and 6 speakers.
-Budget is about $150.

-Aux input. (yes, I believe)

-USB input to play songs from a thumbdrive. It would be nice if it has a rear input as well so I can wire it to the glove compartment. (yes, comes with a rather long USB cord, I keep mine in the glove compartment. Works extremely well with thumb and jump drives)

-Ipod controls (yes, built in, no additional cord or adapter is needed)

-HD radio would be nice. (I believe this is an option, not sure)

-SQ and FM reception are important. (SQ for me was fine, FM reception was excellent, Pioneers usually do well with that anyway)

-A button that goes through the presets so that you don't have to find and press each preset button. I'm not sure how common this is but that's what the button on my steering wheel does. (The big volume knob in the middle allowed you to go through presets by pushing it up or down, very simple)

-I'd like to be able to hook it up to my steering wheel controls (volume and track/channel change) I'm not sure if that's possible though. (I think so, I know they have an adapter, depends on the car. I had planned on doing this myself, but the remote lets you do everything on the HU, so I never did buy the adapter)

I had the same HU you mention in your first post, the Pioneer 6000UB, but recently sold it because I got a deal on another HU. Worked very well for me, and sounds like what your looking for. I highlighted a few things about the Pioneer for ya, hope that helps.

I hate pioneer for SQ or anything else I have had 4 brake on me and 3 broke on a friend of mine. Also that one your looking at in order to change to another station or preset you either have to use the remote or the wheel the is no number presets to hit. I would go with alpine for your budget. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDE102/Alpine-CDE-102.html?tp=5684

Or for some more money you could get the nicer one

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDA105/Alpine-CDA-105.html?tp=5684
Is that really going to sound that much better? The stats look in favor of the pioneer http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/CompareTo.aspx?g=300&cc=01&compareItems=01|500CDE102&compareItems=01|130P6000UB&hidesimilar=y

I won't be able to add on any extra components like HD radio either.

_______

When looking for HUs should I look for ones that have sub preamp outputs?

Man all I can say is I have installed that unit and ones like it and the setup is complex you have to use the remoter to set your presets and all. I just know that the alpines are cleaner and easier to use also ipod friendly. One of the ones I installed

100_1068.jpg

I am going to recommend the new CDA-105 (Alpine) as well, they really packed a ton of features into it for under 200 bones..And it is cleaner than the Pioneer unit(after doing an A/B listening comparison)..Not double-din though, so I don't know if that is a deal-breaker for you..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.