Upgrade from two Sa-8's, will it be MUCH louder?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
So, I wanna upgrade my Sa-8's. Got the OK for new box placement which means i have more room and air to work with. I want to run two 12's but FT^3 may be too small. I have 3.92 BEFORE Sub displace, bracing, or port. So, it may have to be two 10's.

Would the change be that noticeable. The Sa-8s are crazy little subs so im worried that Two 10's or 12's wouldnt be that big of a change. Would it shake more things? The box is gonna be a center console box in a 2011 F150 Screw. Right now, i just have a massive sub box waiting to kill someone in the back seat. I want something cleaner and safer but iv already made a post asking about that.

Thanks guys!

In all seriousness, this is impossible to answer. More cone area =/= louder. Why not do a seat lift and put the box under there?
Yea, i know that. I wish 8

I could make my own but in the event of a crash, i dont know what id do if it failed and my little sis was in that back. So ill leave it stock.

Yea, i know that. I wish 8
I could make my own but in the event of a crash, i dont know what id do if it failed and my little sis was in that back. So ill leave it stock.
Like I said it is impossible for us to tell you. There are too many variables at play here

[quote name='Pyrofan']Yea, i know that. I wish 8<10<12<15 and so fourth but, it doesnt work like that. Would two Sa-10s be noticeably louder? The reason i dont want a seat lift is A) gonna look weird B) To expensive to buy C) need like 3-4in so a 2in lift wouldnt work.

I could make my own but in the event of a crash, i dont know what id do if it failed and my little sis was in that back. So ill leave it stock.[/QUOTE]

12s are out the window on that space ...but if you have someone here to design a nice box.for a pair of beefy 10s you could see a significant increase in output ...but the box is gona have to be well designed for sure. @Buck; is slow right now but. hes the man

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']12s are out the window on that space ...but if you have someone here to design a nice box.for a pair of beefy 10s you could see a significant increase in output ...but the box is gona have to be well designed for sure. @Buck; is slow right now but. hes the man[/QUOTE]

OP wants it in a center console box, does Buck do them? They can't be easy to design without having the truck there to measure and work with. Not to forget the box will most likely have to be built in the truck.

OP wants it in a center console box, does Buck do them? They can't be easy to design without having the truck there to measure and work with. Not to forget the box will most likely have to be built in the truck.
op will have to work with buck and mock up a template close so buck can do some magic..if a sub goes in it buck can do it

Its really not a hard design i think. Got several ideas and designs made. Port location is the hardest part. Im thinking a aero port may be the best thing. Im just worried about not having a big difference in the loudness ( if thats a word). I got a 1600 watt amp at 1 ohm and $300 for subs.

Its really not a hard design i think. Got several ideas and designs made. Port location is the hardest part. Im thinking a aero port may be the best thing. Im just worried about not having a big difference in the loudness ( if thats a word). I got a 1600 watt amp at 1 ohm and $300 for subs.
What is your goal here? Get as loud as you can with a center console? And Buck is a pro, I'd leave the designing to him.

What is your goal here? Get as loud as you can with a center console? And Buck is a pro, I'd leave the designing to him.
My goal is to get as loud as i can. Louder then two Sa-8's. And i know Buck is a Pro. Hes helped me with all my designs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.