Up close & personal with the new Audiopipe TXX-15"

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright so some of you guys on here had been asking about the new Audiopipe I-Pipe 15"s, and a friend of mine decided to try them out in his setup, powered by a AP1500. About 410 for both subs and amp, fyi. Heres some detailed pics of them for anyone whos interested.

First off, the full T/S sheet (not provided by any sites i could find)

Nominal Imp. - 2 x 4ohm

Fs - 25hz

Re - 2 x 3.6ohm

Le - 2.01

Qms - 1.9

Qes - .49

Qts - .42

Vas - 3.57 (cu. ft)

Vas - 100 (ltr)

RMS - 1000w

Peak - 2000w

SPL - 98.6db

Xmax - .5in

Sealed box 4cu - F3 34hz

2cu - F3 42hz

Ported box 4.6 cu - F3 22.5

Unpacking them, the box was pretty huge, the subs weigh about 25-30lbs each.

PC140077.jpg

How about that, they come with a cutout sheet. For some reason not alot of subs do, then you end up tracing the rubber gasket and not getting an exact cut, for those without routers.

PC140079.jpg

Shot of the cone, nice and sturdy, i could punch it and it wouldnt break. Fat ass high roll surround looks to allow some massive excursion when powered up.

PC140080.jpg

Motor assembley/Ass end, The sub has a pretty beefy motor, screened coil vents, pole vent, etc. Tried to get a shot of the coil but my camera isnt the best, looks very well assembled though.

PC140085.jpg

PC140086.jpg

Attempted coil shot again, has nice allen screw terminals, sewn tinsels, etc. Appears to have dual spiders, has an extra landing cast in the basket it looks like. SUPER stiff suspension though, i can barely move it. Has a shitload of resin on the spider, hadnt really seen that before.

PC140088.jpg

Side shot of sub, pretty decent cast basket, seems strong.

PC140089.jpg

Shot of the logo on the cone.

PC140091.jpg

I will be sure to get vids of them in action, they will be ran sealed in about 2.5cu each, on 1.5kw. Biggest box i could fit right now in the car unfortunatly, i will be trying to talk the guy into letting me wall off the trunk and fire them into the cabin with aeros through the rear deck, but thats sometime in the future. Im sure theyll still get down in that tiny car, even in a sealed box. Looking at the specs the F3 will be around 40hz, should be good all around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.