Unwanted Noise...Knu Conceptz?

ha,its not the RCA's......I dont have a bit of noise in any of my rides(2) and I used what ever generic RCA's Knu gave me in the amp kits(untwisted)

If you have a ton of noise I would try a HU swap
i highly doubt its my $450 eclipse HU. but if it is, im getting a new one/getting it fixed right now

ha,its not the RCA's......I dont have a bit of noise in any of my rides(2) and I used what ever generic RCA's Knu gave me in the amp kits(untwisted)

If you have a ton of noise I would try a HU swap
it indeed can be the best noise rejecting rcas are unshielded.. do an install on a early 90's dodge daytona in some cases you will see. if you can keep the rcas away from all power lines in the car it really shouldnt matter, but in some cars its impossible to do.

I got the same problem just slightly different. I got noise coming from pluggin all 4 RCAs (they're all twisted by rockford) into my 4 channel amp. But when I remove a pair of RCA from the amp, the noise is gone. As long as i only have a pair plugged in then i'm all set, but if i 3 or 4 RCAs plugged in, the noise will be noticable. The noise only happen when I turn on my engine, but with engine off, and with everything plugged in, it seems to be fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Are there any device that eliminates the noise or any method that I can go about it?

Thanks for the help.

I got the same problem just slightly different. I got noise coming from pluggin all 4 RCAs (they're all twisted by rockford) into my 4 channel amp. But when I remove a pair of RCA from the amp, the noise is gone. As long as i only have a pair plugged in then i'm all set, but if i 3 or 4 RCAs plugged in, the noise will be noticable. The noise only happen when I turn on my engine, but with engine off, and with everything plugged in, it seems to be fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
Are there any device that eliminates the noise or any method that I can go about it?

Thanks for the help.
See this thread

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128686

Its ground related, remove the power/ground from the HU and connect it with some 12 gauge speaker wire at the amp (so it powers from the same point) Should fit your problem. Also if your radio chassis is touching ground that could be a source of ground loop too

See this thread
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128686

Its ground related, remove the power/ground from the HU and connect it with some 12 gauge speaker wire at the amp (so it powers from the same point) Should fit your problem. Also if your radio chassis is touching ground that could be a source of ground loop too

Couldn't be the ground loop, because I went as far as connecting the ground wire from the HU directly to the battery terminal. And I also upgraded my ground cable to the car chasis. What I didn't state in my reply earlier was I had one pair of RCA running on the same side as the Power Cable. I'll rewire that tomorrow but I highly doubt that it would make a difference. Thanks for the quick help.

If there is a difference in voltage between the HU and Amp you can possibly get noise. The differnce in voltage would indicate their is more resistance to one of the components and the RCA's ground conductor is providing a lower resistance to one of the component's grounds. This is why I recommend you connect them at the same point, both items get the exact same voltage from the same source. If you still have noise I would be shocked.

Unplug your RCA's at the HU while you have noise present in the system. If it is still there without signal then yes the RCA's are absorbing noise. My Guess, when you unplug the RCA's at the HU you will not have noise. Leading to the ground loop...

Check Batt Voltage, Voltage at amp and at back of HU just to see if there is a differance.

Edit- what gauge wire did you use for the power/ground for the HU? And does it matter which order you put the RCA's in with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.