Unwanted Noise...Knu Conceptz?

ok thanx you guys. but now i got a new problem...the place i got my eclipse at didnt have any instock for an exchange. so its gone for 3 ****ING weeks!!!!!!! they gave me some **** ass nak deck thats from 1906 to use in the mean time. so i dunno if i should really do this ground work till i get my deck back

the guy who sold me the eclipse (the owner of good vibes) told me since its a highend eclipse, hed do an exchange instead of send it in. saturday the owner wasnt there, so i asked the guys there if he could order a new 1 and tell me when it gets in for an exchange. and he said no. thats bs. and he dont give out loaners. but he called the owner, and the owner told him to give me the old nak deck that was laying around. and when i say old, i mean old. it amazingly has 3 pairs of preouts, but it has no EQ at all, no other settings, no mp3, a plain 1 color display. so im like ok, its not THAT bad, so i put it in and the ****ing piece of **** is all ****ed up. i got sooooo much unwanted noise coming from the sub out. if the decks volume is at 0, the sub still plays bass notes. its something picked up from the engine i guess. and on top of that, the deck sounds like total ****! this blows

u should use unshielded rca cables. disconnect each set of rcas 1 at a time until the noise is gone. also check to make sure your battery/alt is healthy. a weak electrical system also produces noise and unwanted performance. you live in pa so i would venture to say cold weather= poorer performance and that can be due to a degrading electrical system. just before i swapped out batteries and alts or dying batteries i would get noise and crappy performance. the electrical is easy to check and is free at autozone.

u should use unshielded rca cables. disconnect each set of rcas 1 at a time until the noise is gone. also check to make sure your battery/alt is healthy. a weak electrical system also produces noise and unwanted performance. you live in pa so i would venture to say cold weather= poorer performance and that can be due to a degrading electrical system. just before i swapped out batteries and alts or dying batteries i would get noise and crappy performance. the electrical is easy to check and is free at autozone.
well i did get it checked at autozone. like i posted above, the guy sais my V reg is prolly bad. but he only said that after i did, and he reeeeally didnt seem like he knew what he was doing. but thats dont matter anyways, cause i got a 260amp iraggi on the way now. and r u saying that 1 of the rcas is bad?

can be bad noise isnt so cut and dry to find. when i "look" for it i use a spare 20 ft rca that i run outside the car. if it is induced through the rca path you will find it this way. spark plug wires, low voltage and grounds can also lead to unwanted noise. sometimes it is a 20 minute fix other times its a several hour fix

can be bad noise isnt so cut and dry to find. when i "look" for it i use a spare 20 ft rca that i run outside the car. if it is induced through the rca path you will find it this way. spark plug wires, low voltage and grounds can also lead to unwanted noise. sometimes it is a 20 minute fix other times its a several hour fix
oh jeez. well the only thing i changed was the rcas and the amp itself. so i dunno y id have problems all of a sudden.

Be sure to use RCA cables that use "twisted pair" construction. Twisted pair construction has superior noise rejection characteristics that shielding cannot provide.

tools i use are a dmm, dissassembly tools to get the headuntit out the extra rcas a drill and a file (to change the amp ground). time depends alot on the system and how it is wired in your case probably not more than a 3 hour job. if it takes that long its probably a ground loop which if needed you can get an isolater for. it isnt that bad

The cables are twisted pair, triple shield. Its most likely a ground loop that is getting passed along the audio signal from the HU. The RCA's pass it to the amp and the amp amplifies the noise. Like the old phrase, garbage in = garbage out. Just have to stop the garbage from getting in. Connecting the HU to the same point your amp gets power from and this should rid you of noise.

yea when i had the whole ground look problem i got a good solid metal ground and worked with the deck and i found that the preoutages were creating all the extra noise... i might check on that.... and if ure screen is turning off on ure new eclipse id check ure ground and even might make ure own ground to the deck and not use your cars skimpy little one.... worked for me...

Did you replace the speaker wires or are you using the factory harness?

I installed a system using the factory harness one time and didn't know there was a hidden factory amp that the speakers were routed through. I kept tearing my system apart trying to figure out why I had a ground loop.

I eventually found/chucked the factory amp and ran new wires straight from my amp to the speakers. Cleared right up...

Did you replace the speaker wires or are you using the factory harness?
I installed a system using the factory harness one time and didn't know there was a hidden factory amp that the speakers were routed through. I kept tearing my system apart trying to figure out why I had a ground loop.

I eventually found/chucked the factory amp and ran new wires straight from my amp to the speakers. Cleared right up...
i have new wire ran. but regardless, this didnt happen with my 300/4

ha,its not the RCA's......

I dont have a bit of noise in any of my rides(2) and I used what ever generic RCA's Knu gave me in the amp kits(untwisted)

If you have a ton of noise I would try a HU swap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.