UNinstalling headunit

Participant count
  • Participant list

brenTgrillzem
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Flo-Rida
Hey guys, just bought a truck a while back.

It's the Sony XPLODDDDD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif:crazy://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif haha

I am trying to take the headunit out but when I pull the faceplate off and tried pulling the unit out it wouldn't slide.

So I looked online and it says you need these 2 realease keys to pull the unit out...

Is their something else besides the 2 release keys I could use to pull it out? Like a ruler or something idk..

wal mart has them. so does napa, advanced auto, and others. better to spend 5 bucks and get the actual tool than to try and use a coathanger.

If the truck has a "sony" headunit in it...you will need the "sony" removal keys...

depending on what type of truck it is, you should also be able to take apart the dash to get the dash kit out...then remove the radio from the kit....

So pretty much anything, GM, Dodge, Import for the most part will have a kit.... if it is an older Ford then you might not have a kit, and will have to locate some "keys" to unlock the unit out of the mounting cage.....

Where your cup holders are there should be 2 phillips screws...take those out...put the truck in gear and carefully pull the dash trim towards you....it will unsnap...them remove the 2 10mm bolts holding the dash kit in the dash....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.