Understanding climate control

Participant count
  • Participant list

ladysmanfelpz
10+ year member

Phoenix
Serious question on a car audio forum. Any links or articles would be greatly appreciated.

So we all obviously love sound, but what detracts from sound is noise, so windows down or cranked A/C is gonna detract from your listening experience. Summer is here, so whats the best way to keep your car cool this summer and your tunes jamming?

I just found out cars have vents for fresh air in the trunk feeding to the cabin. My 100% rear deck deadening job on mine made my interior pretty stale, until I found two vents at the back of the trunk, both sides feeding fresh air into the cabin. Cut some of the big holes and air quality is much improved, may be a little hindered however. My last car's A/C didn't work so I had to go 4 sixty. My accord the A/C works great. So exactly what do all those features do? Ya I get dual zone changes the temperature on passenger and driver side, but I'm talking like the specific A/C such as re-circulation. So if I tap the re-circulation button, that is going to take the air that has already been cooled and cool it down further? Or does it just recirculate the already cooled air to keep the cabin cool without burning up more fuel? Would I want to recirculate to not run A/C as much and keep fuel economy up on long trips, and run fresh for trying to cool the car off, or vice versa?

Give me examples on what to do for both situation. Car is parked and fairly hot. Trip A: I want to cool my car using the least amount of fuel. Trip B: IDGAF and will kill as many dinosaurs as it takes to get an ice cold ride. What do I do in both situations?

Thanks guys. Like I said articles are appreciated. I think this will give people a better understanding for a more comfortable car this summer.

Also my Accord is having a slight hiss from the vents that I cannot tell is from the AC or just a general fan. Will turn to honda forums for help if its not a universal problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.