Underseat Speakerbox for 2005 Yukon

Participant count
  • Participant list

lurchy

Fresno
So I am going to give my son my 2005 Yukon for his 16th b-day and I wanted to put a sub-woofer system in it to surprise him.

I am thinking of keeping the stock 6 cd Bose Head unit...But getting the PAC audio adapter to add an aftermarket amp and put two 10's in a box in the back.

I saw this Enclosure on Ebay for only 117 bucks. (Item # 310514077435)

Seems like it would fit nicely....here are the specs

AIRSPACE: .60 CU.FT. PER CHAMBER.

MOUNTING DEPTH: 4 1/2"

MAGNET DIAMETER NOT MORE THAN 5"

CLEARANCE UNDER BOX: 1 1/2"

View attachment 26539636View attachment 26539635View attachment 26539634

So I was looking for some inexpensive 10" low profile woofers that are less than 4.5 inches mounting depth and was looking at a pair of Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10 woofers for 110 bucks for the pair.

These woofers are rated for a minimum of .50 cubic feet and a maximum of .75 cubic feet for sealed boxes.

I am looking at getting a 300 Watt RMS mono amp (at 4 ohms) to push these. The speakers are rated at 200 RMS each...so I think 300 watts should be enough? Or would the amp get too hot? do I need upwards of 400-500 RMS?

I am trying to stay under 300 dollars and this setup looks to be right at that mark.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

I think this will more than suffice for the kid....I know its cheap...but not going to spend more than that.

Looks good. I can sell you a way better pair of brand new 10s for not much more cash than the fosgates. If your interested.

My main issue is the shallow mounting requirements and trying to keep everything under 300 bucks....thats the budget the wife gave me :p

I am wondering if 300 Watts RMS mono amp is enough to push the fosgates...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.