underseat box for 2 E8's - 03 F150

Alex JB
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I built the ported box for 1 E8 taking up the 70% rear seat.

I'm no rebuilding for 2 E8's

Will be the whole rear seat length and seat bases will mount to it.

1.1 cu ft net, port tuned to 33-36Hz

sketchup of the layout.

box.jpg

Port end built

IMG_3837.jpg

looking out for the pic with e8's installed.
I love your ava. Lmao.

Gundam's ftw.

And OP: It looks good, except the port velocity loss with that folded port is pretty intense. But, if it gets the job done, then you should be fine. But, you might experience some port noise.

I take your point about the port air velocity being affected by the 180deg bends. but it was the best use of the space. I did consider a curled port (like a shell with the exit being in the middle and forward) but I couldn't get the length.

I will be shaving the 90deg corners on the 3/4" walls and filling in the corners to help a little.

port size is 11" x 1.7"

I'm planning on using the floor bolts where the original seat brackets used to go to hold it down.

My damaged E8 went back to Woofercooker today, looking forward to getting it and the other one I ordered back!

Rear seat bases out and box (minus the front side) test fit.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Notice the stripped out torx head on the last of the bolts/brackets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

I figure I'll have to cut the bracket and leave the bolt in place... gota keep the seat belts!

IMG_0491.jpg

After an hour with a junior hacksaw ( no power tools once the kids are in bed ) I got the bracket out leaving the seat belt bolt alone.

IMG_0484.jpg

Seat bases have a set of holes just right

IMG_0480.jpg

Fitted strengtheners to inside box

IMG_0482.jpg

Sub holes and front plate glued on.

IMG_0483.jpg

Seat belt stuff back in

IMG_0485.jpg

Seat bases bolted to box

IMG_0487.jpg

Pushed into place, I'll be making brakets to use the original bolts in the floor to tie it down.

IMG_0488-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.