Underhung TC Nomz

XBL has to do with grooves on the top plate and pole :
XBLFLX.JPG
ohhhhh, well now I know lol.

i've gotta say what would the audio industry be without tc sounds. yes i know they had there soft part and glue joint failures and biz problems and screwing people over with warrentys. some of there designs stand the test of time and still used today.

Wow, busy thread. Thanks for all the help, you guys. I was busy at work.

damm those are nice,what do these run?what kind of power do they like?
They don't need much power to do their thing. These are only found in the older SVS PB12 Ultra and Ultra/2 so there is no market price on them.
Nice find ciaonzo! I almost picked up a SVS proto with the same motor.Wish I had picked it up now ;(
I'm surprised you didn't!
Pretty sweet ; I am doing an under-hung project too w/ 60mm TP / 25mm coil / full copper pole sleeve.
Have always had a soft spot for the under-hung design -- used to have a prototype TC Sounds unit as well with that same gap treatment, it got down big time and sounded great.
Yeah, the articulation and dynamics are incredible with these underhung drivers. Just a single old school MASS is phenomenal on it's own, so I'm looking forward to throwing a pair of these into a low-tuned enclosure with some solid power. I'm also looking forward to the release of your underhung driver! Rubber surround, pretty please?
i've gotta say what would the audio industry be without tc sounds. yes i know they had there soft part and glue joint failures and biz problems and screwing people over with warrentys. some of there designs stand the test of time and still used today.
You said it, bud. I agree.
Fantastic find man now sell me the other one!
lulz
The red one or the other SVS?

No. lol

nice addition to the museum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
I've been lusting after these for so long. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

damm that *****,these are straight up beautiful subs man wish i could get a hold of a pair,3" coil or 4"? also whats the point of the copper shorting ring?

damm that *****,these are straight up beautiful subs man wish i could get a hold of a pair,3" coil or 4"? also whats the point of the copper shorting ring?
3" coil. The shorting ring negates some of the inherent voice coil inductance and helps stabilize magnetic flux as the coil generates it's own back EMF. This greatly reduces inter-modulation distortion under high power and very high excursion.

3" coil. The shorting ring negates some of the inherent voice coil inductance and helps stabilize magnetic flux as the coil generates it's own back EMF. This greatly reduces inter-modulation distortion under high power and very high excursion.
oh ok nice,man i wish i had a pair lol

Pretty sweet ; I am doing an under-hung project too w/ 60mm TP / 25mm coil / full copper pole sleeve.
Have always had a soft spot for the under-hung design -- used to have a prototype TC Sounds unit as well with that same gap treatment, it got down big time and sounded great.
I love underhung ever since i got my hands on the 05 xxx 15 a fee years ago.... In very interested in this project ur working on.... Any more info on it? Eta approx?

I love underhung ever since i got my hands on the 05 xxx 15 a fee years ago.... In very interested in this project ur working on.... Any more info on it? Eta approx?
Pretty sure that's an XBL^2 motor.
I hate u right now
I'll hug you from behind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ciaonzo

5,000+ posts
TheContinental
ciaonzo
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date