Under seat amp mounting single cab 99 ranger

quintonre
10+ year member

Kentucky
Hey guys, Quinton here and I am new to the forums!

I have a sony xplod 1000w amp and a 12" rockford in a ported fierce audio box.

Being a single cab there is no room for the amp, at that the amp is oversized.

Will putting the sony xplod1k under the seat cause any overheating or problems?

could anyone give me some tips please? I would really appreciate it!

That is a very simple answer, I appreciate the fast response!

Could you explain though? As in nope it will not have any problems or nope you can not help me?

Of course, I am going to keep a few hundred dollars put back until this one blows if it does. I am pushing it about 77%.

If it does I will buy a rockford.

no sense in wasting an amp that works right?

It hits fine for me, I am only 18 myself.

So you know, a little bass here and there is awesome to just drive around on.

I appreciate your help!

one last question, did you mount your amp under seat?

I noticed you had an s-10.

so the seating would be small truck similar.

It hits fine for me, I am only 18 myself. So you know, a little bass here and there is awesome to just drive around on.

I appreciate your help!

one last question, did you mount your amp under seat?

I noticed you had an s-10.

so the seating would be small truck similar.
I hav an S-10 4dr Blazer. I have an amp rack soo, that's what my amps are mounted to. You could just use a piece of mdf 3/4 wood and mount it on there, then mount it under the seat.

I've even seen some people make an amp rack with a ceiling and put it on the passenger side floor when the amp cant fit under the seats. Only has to have about an inch or so of clearance above the amp and maybe a pc fan or two.

I don't see any problems with under the seat if it will fit, though. Some cars have heat vents under the seats, if this applies to you, during winter and you have your heat blasting, just be vigilant. GL

So I will have to suspend the cushion off the amp so it stays cool.

There is no vents, its open all around, the seat sinks in more though since it is a 99

You could make a frame for it out of MDF to keep the seat from sagging down onto it. It doesnt need much room. Just enough for the heat to dissipate away from the heat sinks. I usually go with an inch.

i got my AQ1200 under my seat in my ram and i dont ever have an issue i under stand it ,ight be a tighter fit but if that thing over heats its just letting u know its a POS

A note on the AQ1200 (i own one) it runs cool as can be after intense, extended output demands (no clipping of course), wired to 1 ohm. Given it is 40 degrees or less out, yet the fact remains. Very solid amp for the price range.

I got a 1,600 sony xplode and its got a whole trunk but still overheats.. its in a 240sx I just bought ... I haven't set gains myself or checked wiring.. but you may want to add a dc fan to it under there... it could just be my amp too.. fans are avialable online or at radio shack for a hair over 15 bucks. : )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.