uhg got a misdemeanor for my system

A misdemenaor is a crime that is just down from a felony. It means a "lesser crime". It's still a criminal conviction.

there is a huge difference between misdemeanor and felony

some misdemeanors are obviously more serious that others which carry higher fines, probation times, etc....

misdemeanor - public intoxication

felony - assault with a deadly weapon

depending on why hes on probation this isnt that serious.chances are the mall or whoever didnt call. the rent-a-cops were the only ones involved. a letter to the place would be a joke. as for the volunteering sure it sounds nice and all but this isnt a criminal charge. again i highly doubt the judge would give a shit.

our legal system blows they are going to fuck whoever they want any way they want to.
A misdemeanor IS a criminal charge. That probably will have a serious effect on his probation. If he wasn't on probation, then this normally wouldn't be very serious and could even be removed from a persons record, but not in this case.

This will probably escalte the trouble he's already in.

there is a huge difference between misdemeanor and felony
some misdemeanors are obviously more serious that others which carry higher fines, probation times, etc....

misdemeanor - public intoxication

felony - assault with a deadly weapon
If your on probation, public intoxication could be enough to revoke your probation.

There is a not a huge difference, in fact it's a very fine, sometimes grey, line.

Techinically anything that is punishable by less than 12 months in prison is still a misdemeanor. A year in prison is still pretty serious. The President of the USA can be removed from office for a misdemeanor.

The larger issue for the OP is what effect this will have on his probation, and any criminal conviction, including misdemeanors, can trigger all kinds of things including automatic revoking of probation and ordered to jail for the full term of his orginal conviction. That would really **** for something as stupid as this, but the law can be stupid sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor

funnypicture1283240643as7.jpg

Simple assault is a misdemeanor. Assault with intent to do bodily harm is a felony. That's a pretty grey line as to what the prosecutor feels like charging you for punching someone. Is your dad a golfing buddy of the prosecutor, or do you look like a wanna' be gansta' rapper from the hood with a string of arrest that did not lead to convictions?

If your on probation, public intoxication could be enough to revoke your probation.
There is a not a huge difference, in fact it's a very fine, sometimes grey, line.

Techinically anything that is punishable by less than 12 months in prison is still a misdemeanor. A year in prison is still pretty serious. The President of the USA can be removed from office for a misdemeanor.

The larger issue for the OP is what effect this will have on his probation, and any criminal conviction, including misdemeanors, can trigger all kinds of things including automatic revoking of probation and ordered to jail for the full term of his orginal conviction. That would really **** for something as stupid as this, but the law can be stupid sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor

this is all speculation that hes on probation for something more serious.

as i stated before it depends on why he is on it.

hell he could be on it for 6 months for underage drinking.

revoked probation could do nothing more than it being stuck on his record for good now. if it was something serious yes it could screw him bad. we dont know what its for though so without knowing this isnt that big of a deal.

i understand how this all works just fine. i have family in law enforcement. i was going into it myself before going back into the military instead.

LoL. We had a cop near my job do a quickie SPL measurement for one of our customers. Apparently, their mics peak at 145... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I dont know the technical term for it but i do know that Bass (low Frequencies) cannot be pinpointed so even if he did hear your bass it could of been behind him or on the other side of the road... So you could bring that up also even if the mall cop says he heard it....
If someone calls and says "There's a white SUV annoying the hell out of us", a cop pulls over a white SUV with two huge subs in the trunk, it doesn't take a genius.

FWIW I wouldn't bother fighting it.You won't win. A cops word over yours wins 99%. Hands down.

If you ask for a trial they'll come down harsher when you lose with bs fees. This shouldn't affect your probation either.
This.

A cop said I was going 47 in a 30 and he said I was maliciously peeling out. My rear tires were in a puddle of water at a stop sign, they slipped for a second, then caught, and I continued to drive. I was going 29 when the cop pulled me over... since it was about 50 feet from the stop sign.

Took it to court and they gave me a nice big fat "fuck you."

this is all speculation that hes on probation for something more serious.as i stated before it depends on why he is on it.

hell he could be on it for 6 months for underage drinking.

revoked probation could do nothing more than it being stuck on his record for good now. if it was something serious yes it could screw him bad. we dont know what its for though so without knowing this isnt that big of a deal.

i understand how this all works just fine. i have family in law enforcement. i was going into it myself before going back into the military instead.

I never said they were going to excecute him, but it could revoke his probation, which might be a suspended sentence or extending his probation or as you said, making the conviction permanent. Which is a pretty serious consequence if the orginal act was a minor offense and this is pretty silly too, now he's got a permanent criminal record that could keep him out of alot of career choices or even limit his international travel. If the orginal arrest was a minor drug possesion that would have been removed, and is now permanent then he can never enter canada or travel thru europe and much of asia, recieve college loans/grants or work for the gov't. That could haunt him for the rest of his life because of this stupid ****.

IMO, he should take this seriously.

If the cop gave you a ticket without looking at your stereo equipment it is just speculation. He has no proof that you had any loud equipment in your car. Pull your equipment out when you go to court. I have gotten out of a couple tickets this way.

LoL. We had a cop near my job give a quickie for one of our customers. Apparently, they dont swallow... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Fixed:)

I always schedule the court date in the morning(as early as possible) and as far away from where the police station is. If the cop dont show up, then your off the hook, if he does, have a backup plan.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kingisback08

10+ year member
kingisback08
buttfudging,nowhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from