Type X

Participant count
  • Participant list
I posted a simlar thread about 2 weeks ago it seems no one has got any yet. I do know there expensive and there a special order item here in mobile. They run 500 for the 12' sub and they are 1,000 watts rms and 3,000 peak thats what the alpine spring catalog says atleast. For good cheap amps i would goto http://www.thezeb.com and check out the "hifonics" amps there is a mono amp that is 1000 watts which would be perfect for the sub.

i was thinkin the hifonics 1000 would be good. My friend has 2 L5 12'2 with a HIfonics 1000 and it sounds really good and very loud. The hifonics is cheap for the watts and will push it too.

The Type X is supposed to be an excellent driver. We are supposed to be getting some in at the store. When that happens, I will have two twelves. The Hifonics BX1000D would be an excellent match according to the specs. Im anxious to get my hands on one.

The other day when I was in the audio shop talking about getting some components there were some guys from Alpine in. I got to talk to them for 10 mins or so about their new amps and about the Type X sub... seeing as how I was thinking of grabbing some when they came out. It's going to be 2-3 months befor they really come out, they are testing the sub right now agenst the W7 and other super subs. The sub has 33mm of one way XMAX... and right now they are hitting it with 4500WRMS and it is doing just fine. They said they are going to spend $10,000 and buy a JBL Crown amp and see how many watts it can take befor it blows, they expect it to be around 6500. The shop I go to may get one in, if so I will go down and hear it. If it's all they say it is I might get 4 of them later down the road, to replace the Type R's I have.

So they are underated far as rms watts in the spring catalog? If its hitting 4500 rms watts thats to much for me i was thinking 1,000 would be plenty for daily driving. Keep us informed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alpine usally always underrates their stuff. Look at the Type R's, they rated them at 300RMS and they will take doubt that... but 300 watts will get them to move well and be loud. So I'm sure if they rated the Type X subs at 1000WRMS, then 1000 watts will be enough to get them moving good and plenty loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.