type r sub... amp recommendations???

justchillin
10+ year member

DC Metro
i'm gonna start off with (1) 12" alpine type r DVC (4ohm) sub and i was wondering what would be a good amp for it???

it has a rms of 300watts and a peak of 1000watts...

1. what amp would you recommend???

2. also, if i wanted to add a second type r later what amp would you recommend so i have the option of adding a second sub later???

thanks

yeah i'm actually gonna stay away from sony amps since i've heard only bad things about them...i'm looking at kickers right now but i have some time before i can afford everything yet anyway so i don't have to decide right this minute...

so keep your suggestions comming...

thanks

try and find an old kicker amp, i think they're zx or dx models //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

they're much better than the new kicker amps

Hey man your loss I have one and it is a great amp.It produces 300w rms@4 ohms-600w rms@2 ohms and 1000w rms@1 ohm,I tried the 600w rms @ 2 ohms so far and it is awsome and very clean.People will always have problems with any brand so its what ever you want.Later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.