Type-R or Type-X

type x. then you don't have to worry about unleashing your amp. even though you're not looking for SQ, it's supposedly one of the better sounding subs out there, so you'd be getting the best of both worlds. Assuming you'd be spending less than $500 on it, i'd go with that

type r's can definately handle 1k a day. Hell, I'm still using Skip01's old Type R thats runnin ~1000w @ 1ohm, and he was feeding it well over 1000w when he had it about 2years ago.

The Setup:

Alpine CDE-9881

Alpine 15" Type R

Directed 2400

ur talking about a type r 15".... those are rated at 750. The 12's are 600.

Well there's a lot of people running Type-Rs at 1kW daily but it sounds like they got really good unit on a good batch. It's probably not the case of each Type-Rs out there and I don't really want to take another chance, pay ~$200 w/ shipping and/or taxes and burn it again.

Type-X sounds like a great option, as the 2 others you mentionned ($160 shipped, I guess it's in US only). There are still 2 questions that you guys haven't answered. First, the 2 and 4 ohms thing (as my amp outputs the same thing at both 2 and 4 ohms, what is better in general of the electrical system?). The second question... my PDX with a 1 farad cap has been running in my Yaris without really any problem with the gain set to half. But is there any major long-term impact of such a big build on the stock factory Yaris hatchback alt and/or electrical system? I don't want to blow everything away and I don't want to change everything. So if it may have bad impact on the future of the car, I prefer selling this amp for a M6 or PDX 600 and then look for a Type-R or any other decent 500-600W 12" subwoofer.

Don't set the gain by where you THINK it can go. Gain isn't adjusted for the RMS rating of the subwoofer, it depends on the headunits pre-out voltage as well as where you set your max listening volume (70% of the headunits max volume.)

i had 2-12" type x and 2 pdx 1000.1 in a custom ported box and that system pounded!!!!! it also sounded very good and the install of the little amps were great!!! I had that with no upgrade of my electrical other than a YT up front. not even the big 3 done and my lights never dimmed and voltage never droped to the 12's..so very efficient amps.. you cant go wrong with the type x!!! and the pdx will do rated at 2-4 ohms!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.