Three 10-in subwoofers

ICLIMBHIGH

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have three 10-in 4 ohm subwoofers. Normally that's what I run in my truck. However this time it's a little different. Two of the subs are dual voice coil one of them is single voice coil. Can I hook up the two dual voice coil subs in series / parallel equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance to one channel of my 1 ohm stable mono amp and then hook the single voice coil sub directly to the other channel also equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance? Normally I have three subs all the same and I wire them in parallel equaling a one ohm load. But I can't do that this time. I just want all three hooked up so will that work?

But I can't do that this time. I just want all three hooked up so will that work?
Yes you can. A mono amp only has one channel. It may have 2 positive and 2 negative terminals but it is one channel. You will be presenting a 2 Ohms load with the three subs so it is a safe load. Will the single 4 Ohms sub sound quieter that the other 2? Maybe, but no biggie as long as they are in individual chambers.

I have three 10-in 4 ohm subwoofers. Normally that's what I run in my truck. However this time it's a little different. Two of the subs are dual voice coil one of them is single voice coil. Can I hook up the two dual voice coil subs in series / parallel equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance to one channel of my 1 ohm stable mono amp and then hook the single voice coil sub directly to the other channel also equaling a 4 ohm nominal impedance? Normally I have three subs all the same and I wire them in parallel equaling a one ohm load. But I can't do that this time. I just want all three hooked up so will that work?
Don't do it, you're only looking for issues. You only want subs that are the same. Subs with different specs will cause sound quality issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...